Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

The girl is YUM, YUM, YUMMY..........I'd even settle for the guttless Honda if I could have her as part of a package deal.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

I really dont know if it is rigged or not but I do believe the results are probable , thier have been similar results posted in these threads, from riders on these forums. I would like to get one for the 2 up advantages , oh and the extra ponies wouldnt bother me either.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

For those that don't believe this is the most rigged video's , you're crazy. I am a BRP fan and owner, however, I'm also a realistic person and those video's are a joke. Come on watch that mud bog. The guy driving the polaris is deliberately steering all over the place and it's so obvious he runs into the side trying to get it to stop, however, is unsuccessful. My best friend owns polaris/ bombadier dealership, so I have had some seat time on the 800efi. It does feel faster, however, he even said the clutching on the Bomb isn't a comparison. The polaris is geared for pulling more so than the bomb. It's the newest thing out so of course not only is brp, but most people are going to assume because the numbers on the side say more, it will do more. BRP makes a good machine, but speaking from experience they, including the new 800, don't mud bog like a polaris!

Old 09-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

what i dont like is they say the bombardier is the most versitaile atv... but yet again the *** drags on the ground when u gun it because the suspension is too soft

i also noticed after riding my buddys outlander 400HO that is has far less tourq and grab then my sp 500 HO

Old 09-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

OK...I am back from the BRP dealer with the new 800 in tow. I have only had a short time to ride and I am not going to completely dog it until after break-in. I have ridden the SP800 numerous times and there is a VERY noticible difference in acceleration in low and high gear. I can't speak about pulling yet, but if my *** dyno is working, I am going to assume that the results in the video are pretty accurate which only makes sense given the HP and torque numbers.

Now, the biggest difference for me is handling and feel. This is very subjective, so take it as you will. The SPs have the absolute smoothest suspension of anything that I have ridden including the Outy 800. However, the Outy is very close in comfort. The handling isn't even close. The Outy turns with far less roll and much more precision. It feels much sportier, yet retains a lot of cruising comfort. BRP has done a great job with suspension. I also like the ergos on the BRP as much as the Sportsman, which I really like.

Another very noticable difference is how smooth the Rotax engine runs. This isn't a surprise to me since I have owned a couple of Seadoos. Build quality is excellent with all pieces fitting together very well. There are no rattles at all although we'll see after I get some time on the hour meter. It is also impressive that they kept the 3 year warranty with a first year bike.

I can certainly see why Quad magazine ranked the BRP #1 and the Sportsman #1.5.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

i think the 800 bomb deserves the #1 place becuse it is a very well thought out atv... everything on it has been thought and tested

look at the mud run guys, the bomb goes down the smooth run and the polaris hits the ruts hard and still pulls out

Old 09-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

screw that brp piece a crap... its prbly fixed in the pull i bet the polaris wasnt even in low.. i had a 600twin and it ran atleast 65 and it pulled like a beast

Old 09-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 05PRED500
OK...I am back from the BRP dealer with the new 800 in tow. I have only had a short time to ride and I am not going to completely dog it until after break-in. I have ridden the SP800 numerous times and there is a VERY noticible difference in acceleration in low and high gear. I can't speak about pulling yet, but if my *** dyno is working, I am going to assume that the results in the video are pretty accurate which only makes sense given the HP and torque numbers.

Now, the biggest difference for me is handling and feel. This is very subjective, so take it as you will. The SPs have the absolute smoothest suspension of anything that I have ridden including the Outy 800. However, the Outy is very close in comfort. The handling isn't even close. The Outy turns with far less roll and much more precision. It feels much sportier, yet retains a lot of cruising comfort. BRP has done a great job with suspension. I also like the ergos on the BRP as much as the Sportsman, which I really like.

Another very noticable difference is how smooth the Rotax engine runs. This isn't a surprise to me since I have owned a couple of Seadoos. Build quality is excellent with all pieces fitting together very well. There are no rattles at all although we'll see after I get some time on the hour meter. It is also impressive that they kept the 3 year warranty with a first year bike.

what color?

your going to have to change your profile now! btw, if you would have waited a month, you could have bought one from Jermey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 300ex90
screw that brp piece a crap... its prbly fixed in the pull i bet the polaris wasnt even in low.. i had a 600twin and it ran atleast 65 and it pulled like a beast

That was a brilliant statement.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6
Originally posted by: 05PRED500

what color?

your going to have to change your profile now! btw, if you would have waited a month, you could have bought one from Jermey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Where you been man? I was waiting for you to pop up and give me a hard time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jeremy isn't going to get BRP until the first of the year. My Predator is on his lot for sale right now and I guess I'll take the 700 up there as well unless one of my buddies wants a good deal. I will take the Outty up there so he can compare them side by side. Did he mention that I created a few logos for him with the new new name. PM you email address and I'll send it over to you to see what you think.

Quick Reply: Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!