Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HELMET SAVED ME!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2000, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were riding last week a trail that we always ride its a straight trail but you have to go slow because you cant see whats coming the other way and it happened some idiot flying down the trail blasted me head on. my buddies said i looked like superman flying off my trail boss. broke my arm in 3 places seperated my shoulder and the doctor told my wife if i didnt have my helmet on i probably wouldn't be here as i only ended up with a mild concussion as for the trailboss its toast in pieces. just thought i would let all the non helmet wearers know that helmets do help bottom line is HELMETS SAVE LIVES AND INSURANCE SAVE MACHINES

Old 10-30-2000, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

That sucks, but glad to hear you weren't hurt worse. So, what happened to the other guy and what was he riding?

Old 10-30-2000, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

I`m glad to hear your OK. Personally I feel naked if I ride without it. When I first started riding about 20 yrs ago I waas riding a 3 wheeler and hit head on with a dirtbike neither one of us had a helmet. It was just minor injuries for both of us but could have been worse.

Not to make you feel bad but if you broke your dominent arm as I have riding it sucks.

Hope you heel quick and get back on the horse soon.

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250

Old 10-30-2000, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

AKScrambler he was on a 400ex not quite sure what happened to him but next time we cross paths well we wont go there but the 400ex i understand didn't make it as well as the trailboss did

Old 10-30-2000, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

It stinks your were hurt by some irresponsible a-hole.

My grandpa used to tell me "any day above dirt is a good day!".

I always were my helmet but the guys we ride with must think its macho or something not to wear one.

Heres to a fast recovery!

Old 10-30-2000, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

hill

Where were you riding at? I have had a few close calls at Wayne National Forest. A dirt bike about got me the last time. I was going about 10 mph and he was going about 40mph. I guess he thought it was a race. Glad to hear you are all right. What is in line for the replacement to the trail boss? What is being done with the wrecked one?

Old 10-30-2000, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Did you have a doubt about life saving helmets?
I never did (and you don't either), but your sad story prooves that even when you ride slow, a helmet is necessary. I fell twice smashing hard my head, once on a mountainbike, I was going downhill (60 km/h)and fell in a big hole (me and the bike), I felt the helmet smashing the ground and acting like a shock absorber (it really feels strange). Some time later, I fell from my MX bike, under braking, lost the front end and ended almost upside down on the head, once again I felt the helmet doing its job.
I never ride without my helmet...you never know what might happen.

I think that guys who don't wear them should read this, and you are 100% right to post this.
They won't probably change idea, but they will know how they will die

Old 10-30-2000, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

LAW SUIT WATCH YOUR ***. AND FOR THE EX DON,T MESS WITH AMARICAN MADE METAL.

Old 10-30-2000, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer

I'm glad you are ok! I don't understand why people don't wear helmets. Most of my friends wear them, but nver had them fitted properly. The helmets are practically swimming on their heads. My husband wrecked our Scrambler going 15 feet from our cabin driveway to another driveway. He broke his collarbone and had a nice egg half an inch behind his temple. If it was a half inch forward, I might be a widow right now. Being macho doesn't make sense when you are dead.

Old 10-30-2000, 05:49 PM
BLH
Pro Rider

"INSURANCE SAVE MACHINES" I hope your talking about HIS insurance, I'd have to fight for that one. You had a witness, did he?

Bruce L. Hall
97 Explorer 500

Quick Reply: HELMET SAVED ME!!!!!!!!