Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New 4X4 Hawkeye to arrive next week.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 4X4 Hawkeye to arrive next week.

Well I took delivery of the Hawk yesterday. Its a cool machine.

Here are my first impressions after a quick few first rides.

Size - Its a little smaller than the prairie 360 that I was looking at. Seems to be a perfect fit for my wife who is about 5'4" and 120lbs. I rode it also and it wasnt too small to where it made me uncomfortable. I dont think a larger adult would have any problem riding it comfortably. It fit into my shortbed chevy with the tailgate up so that was a plus.

Looks - It is a really sharp looking quad. It looks very sporty with the Black and silver that I have. The fit and finish are really nice and on par with its older brother the Sportsman. The IRS looks really cool on a bike this size. The IRS components are black and red and kinda say "look at me" to followers. Front silver hawk bumper/grill area is a love it or hate it type of look. It makes it look more aggresive and sporty than the sportsman. The front end isnt so square like the SP, it comes to a gradual point in the front and looks nice.

Performance. First ride impression when I hit the throttle was that it was geared really low and no way was this thing going to go 40 +. To my surprise it kept revving and got up to speed pretty well. It feels really torqy at lower speeds. Its no big bore power, but seems like it will handle most terrain. It topped out at 43 on a short strech but might have had a few more mph in it on a longer stretch. You wont be winning many races on this. Ground clearance looks like a ton on a quad this size.

Fit and Finsih - Really good. It is on par with the other 06 sportsmans at the dealer. The digital guage is cool - has digital speedo, odo, trip, hour meter. Has a mechanical fuel guage. Controls are simlar to the sportsman - 2WD/AWD on demand on the fly selectable - doesnt have high beams but standard lights are very bright. The seat is wide and comfy. Maxxis rear tires look tough and wide but could be an inch or two taller.

I havent had it on the trail yet so the real tests are yet to come. I will get some pics up as soon as I can.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello Dahui, I'm glad you like the Hawkeye. Let us know when you do some trail riding. Need
pics. I'm thinking about a second quad for my wife. Been debating about
The Suzuki Eiger for her. Did you get the 4x4 ? If I may ask what did you have to
pay for it? Our dealer around here won't be getting any til Jan. I can get a 05
Eiger for $ 4699. That's the 5 speed. But I've been waiting to see the Hawkeye. Have fun Steve

Old 11-20-2005, 02:21 AM
Trailblazer

$5000 OTD - 4X4 Realize that I am in Arizona too. These utility quads are so hot here. There is no such thing as a smoking deal found in these parts. I was happy to get one at that price seeing how there was a huge waiting list for the 4X4 hawks. Polaris has a promotion for a free 3year warranty on 06's too. For all the features I am getting with the hawk, I couldnt touch anything close to that OTD price in another quad. MSRP is $4700 so I guess that isnt too bad for OTD

Also I took it out today and it got to 48MPH and it wasnt quite maxed out!!

Old 11-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds good !!!!!!! I envy you there in Arizona. You can ride year round. Right now it's
foggy , damp, and cold. The wife and I are considering moving to Arizona next year.
We're thinking about the Outback area. Somewhere around Salome. Enjoy your quad.
Take pics when you get a chance.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah you cant beat these late november temps.

Sun
H: 79
L: 52

Mon
H: 80
L: 49

Tue
H: 79
L: 50

Wed
H: 78
L: 49

Thu
H: 78
L: 50

Fri
H: 77
L: 52

Sat
H: 75
L: 51

Old 11-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats on the Hawkeye! Please keep us informed. Oh and Brandy 420, check other dealers on the Eiger. I looked at some Artic Cats this weekend and they had Suzuki too - I could have saved 600 bucks on my Eiger! I'll probably get the AC 250 for my daughter, cheaper and she doesn't need anything that can go as fast as that Hawkeye!

Old 11-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Toro,

Why not get the Pheonix at 3k. You cant beat that atv for the price!

Old 11-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

maybe because its a tiwanese peice of crap? if polaris actually made it and it was a decent quad id respect it

Old 11-23-2005, 06:09 AM
Trailblazer

Here are some pics - I am 6' 205lbs.

[F=][/F]

Old 11-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

HawkEye Pictures

Quick Reply: New 4X4 Hawkeye to arrive next week.