Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Whoes Predator frame has cracked?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whoes Predator frame has cracked?

I have two cracks in my frame. The first one is up front behind the right A arm bracket under the oil resivor and one on the left side by my foot peg. If your frame has any cracks let me know where and if you have any pics post em. I allready welded mine up I will take pics on Fri so you can see where. I have looked all over my frame and havent found any other places. I am getting ready to do a tear down on my 03 Preddy adding gussets in problem areas, thats where your problems come in, I want to know where else to add gussets. I also need to replace all my A-arm bushings and tie rod ends to take up the sloppy front end I have, its getting really bad, any one else having problems with bushings wearing out?

Old 11-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

This will happen on all ATV if you are doing big jumps. You can get a complete gusset kit from Rath Racing for the 03 Predator.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well.....with it being an 03, I can understand. They had problems with the 03's and 04's and the frames cracking in places. Rath racing(www.rathracing.com) sells a gusset kit, for every place that is generally going to break on the frame. I think they also cracked around the rear of the gas tank.........

As for the bushings, I know guys who have replaced them, its just something ya gotta do every once in a while. I think hpd(www.hpd-inc.com) had some of the bushings on their "specials" page.......but don't know if they are still on there or not.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the 03's and 04's have different 'inferior' frames while the 05's and 06's were redesigned

03's commonly cracked

Old 11-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer

Ok now back to the question, where have they been cracking? I will make the gussets myself.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't noticed any changes to the 05 and 06 frame , it looks the same as the 04 preds. Anyway they must be welded better tho,because i haven't seen or heard of any 05 or 06's breaking.
My 04 frame broke , it broke in many spots. the worst was on the right side rear where the top rail meets the bottom rail (it also holds the shock support beam) . It also broke at the forward motor mount, the bottom plate for the radiator, and there was alot of cracks in the frame. I also, broke the sub-frame on the left side bottom rail right after the support for the shock rezzy.I do believe that the main break(top rail) on the frame caused all the cracks and the breaking of the sub-frame. The good news was polaris replaced my frame,And my new frame Had the rath gusset kit added. Since then I have put a year of hard riding On the new frame and it hasn't failed. I do believe the rath gusset kit is the way to go.Also A good powder coat job helps the frame,because the polaris paint is really bad.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
I haven't noticed any changes to the 05 and 06 frame , it looks the same as the 04 preds. Anyway they must be welded better tho,because i haven't seen or heard of any 05 or 06's breaking.
My 04 frame broke , it broke in many spots. the worst was on the right side rear where the top rail meets the bottom rail (it also holds the shock support beam) . It also broke at the forward motor mount, the bottom plate for the radiator, and there was alot of cracks in the frame. I also, broke the sub-frame on the left side bottom rail right after the support for the shock rezzy.I do believe that the main break(top rail) on the frame caused all the cracks and the breaking of the sub-frame. The good news was polaris replaced my frame,And my new frame Had the rath gusset kit added. Since then I have put a year of hard riding On the new frame and it hasn't failed. I do believe the rath gusset kit is the way to go.Also A good powder coat job helps the frame,because the polaris paint is really bad.
Thats the info I am looking for! Thank you for your input.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer

Fixit you are always on top of things [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] as for the frames there is the 03 - they did rework and do some frame changes for 04 - that is why we offer the two different gussets kits- the 03 has more peices the 04-05 due to it had more craking wear areas-
The frames have remained the same since with the gusset kit is the same for 04-05-06.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Why not just keep it simple. Get the race tested Rath kit. That way you know you have all the "weak points" addressed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Support those who support the sport.

May God bless our deployed troops during this holiday season.