Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Caught some little punk in my shop last night

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught some little punk in my shop last night

In the USA you can defend yourself, family, and property with no repercussions. BUT if you use deadly force ie. shotgun, uzi, steel pipe repeatedly you will need to demostrate that you felt threatened and in some states that you had no other options.

People have gotten the idea that what I just said isn't true anymore. Take the time to know the laws in your state and you'll see that I'm correct.

BTW in Ga I can shoot you if you break into my house. BUT you have to be physically inside or at least hanging in the window.....

Old 11-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Georgia BII

You are exactly correct .

Old 11-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: GeorgiaBII
In the USA you can defend yourself, family, and property with no repercussions. BUT if you use deadly force ie. shotgun, uzi, steel pipe repeatedly you will need to demostrate that you felt threatened and in some states that you had no other options.

People have gotten the idea that what I just said isn't true anymore. Take the time to know the laws in your state and you'll see that I'm correct.

BTW in Ga I can shoot you if you break into my house. BUT you have to be physically inside or at least hanging in the window.....
so beating someone to death with your fists isnt deadly force?

Old 11-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Rawzon

so beating someone to death with your fists isnt deadly force?

Openhanded beating is ok, I have seen many cops episodes that they call is a marrital dispute, sounds sissy, but I have been broken into and slolen from, I believe that your looks would change if it happened to you!

Old 11-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

I love stories with happy ending

Old 11-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer

just to set the record this guy was about 23 - 23 years of age and knew full well what was going on and hopefully learned his lesson. If not then he can comeback any time for round 2.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thewild1
just to set the record this guy was about 23 - 23 years of age and knew full well what was going on and hopefully learned his lesson. If not then he can comeback any time for round 2.

cool.

but I don't care if he was 15 years old. Most gang-member drive by,and kill you and your family for being in the wrong place at the wrong time are 15-16-17 yrs.old. If any kid has the ballz to be in some other mans backyard and in his shop/garage stealing property that isn't his, then he is man enough to get his a$$ WHIPPED. Maybe Thewild1 saved this guys life, the next home owner may have a gun in his hand ready to shoot first(which is alright by me also).

Bigger.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I.BTW in Ga I can shoot you if you break into my house. BUT you have to be physically inside or at least hanging in the window.....
Florida is the same as above.

I am not disputing it can be argued in court just that its not worth it. by the time everything is said and done( loss of wages, time, frustration, possible lawsuits and understanding you may not win) it just doesn't seem worth it. my opinion I grew up in a law firm seriously I lived in the building and it was my dads firm. He had clients go to jail for this and less. He had a client that caught a shop lifter in his convenience store and locked him in his bathroom until the cops arrived have to pay a settlement.

I know the laws but would rather just pull the gun and hold someone in my shop its technically a part of my house by taking him into the yard or pummiling him I would just be bringing on more troubles. Im no stranger to fighting, bars or school just don;t see it as worth it since I got the concealed weapons permit.

Another interesting tidbit if you own rental property or have other extenuating circumstances you can get a concealed weopons permit that allows you to shoot someone anyware after a warning shot. Dark alley Bang then one in the air for who ever is in earshot. lol

Old 11-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt shoot a kid or guy for just being on my property unless he had a lethal weapon and looked like he was intending to use it. I would use a gun to retain them until the police arrived. Now if someone broke into my house.............they better have made peace with their maker first. I keep a loaded .45 within reach and will use it if I feel that my family is threatened. I also carry a concealed weapons permit.

I dont condone violence and am not a violent person. I do feel like your home is your only safe place, and my daughter and wife need to feel that way too. Any person who tries to break into a home by today's standards HAS TO BE AWARE that they may receive a load of lead for their efforts.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

While working the 7PM-7AM shift a couple of years ago someone came 40 feet into my property and hand lifted and drug my 16 ft.tandem trailer over to the ditch and tried to take it across with a built Raptor and 400 Sport.Thank God they apparently had a two wheeled truck,the tounge buried up in the ditch trying to cross.(it was about a 4FT. ditch)Needless to say if I had been around someone would have gotten hurt!I can't stand people who stand around with there hands open wanting everyone else to give everthing to them for nothing,and I especially can't tolerate people who steal,key peoples cars to get even,or just can't stand the fact that the only reason some people have some nice things is because they don't mind a little hard work and payments!!Sorry,just had to vent alittle.

Quick Reply: Caught some little punk in my shop last night