Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Caught some little punk in my shop last night

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught some little punk in my shop last night

Well i looked out from the kitchen and seen the light was on and asked the ol lady if she left the light on out there and she didn't think so , so iwent out to shut it off and half way back there the light goes out , hmm oh its probably just the garage door opener , open up the door flipped on the light and there is some punk standing 2feet in front of me . My first reaction was to drop him so thats exactly what i did he buckled to the ground and i proceeded to lay the boots to him. dragged him out of the garage by his face and up the laneway on his knees begging and pleading with me . I got him up to the house and checked that little punks pockets oh this is after i slammed his head face first int the side of the house and oh head first into the wooden fence. Well as i was going through his pockets i pulled out $4.oo in canadian tire money and my smokes i proceeded to pound the living crap out of this low life piece of crap as the wife called the cops.I got my vintage 1979 trans am in mint condition , a 2005 scrambler, a 2005 90 predator, and probablyclose to $10,000 in shop equipment and this little puke was stealing my $4.00 in canadiantire money . How stupid is that???

Old 11-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow bud, quite the story. Dumb theif, but good for you. Glad you caught the guy, anything he gets is too good for him.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Range Rover

So did the cops arrest him? You should have took him fishin, used him for bait!

Old 11-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Trailblazer

I had one break into my car, I noticed that somebody took all my stuff and I was a little hot, but luckly he went to the pay phone down the street and My buddies and I saw him (young kid, with my Factory stereo in a box with misc cds and other junk about 20$ in dollar change) , so I went over and asked him what he had in a box and where he got it, he took off running, so I rand after him, he ditched the box in a trash can in the park, and I kept after him, I chased him into a back yard, and grabbed a wooden broom stick and was going to beat the puke out of him if I could find him... by this time the cops showed up (because my friends called them) they wouldn't let me kill him and made me leave, but mr friends stayed to watch, they released the dog, and the kid was in a fenced in area that the cop could not get into but the dog could... So the dog attacked the kid and kept attacking for abour 5 mins or so, I wish I had pictures!

Long story short he got my truck keys and ATV keys, I had to rekey everthing, and ontop of that the kid was due in the next morning for a Parole hearing, our great jail system!

Old 11-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

In the USA if that kid was under 18 (or over 18 considering the thrashing you gave him) he would have all the stuff in your garage and the garage too .

I have a different approach when my alarm goes off on my garage in the middle of the night . I warm a cup of coffee , drink it , read the newpaper a bit , and then go down to see what's going on . I like to give the thief time to collect what he needs and clear out without stumbling (if he gets hurt on my property I owe too) .

I don't like being a victim of crime either , but knocking the tar out of a kid is something you can't insure yourself for , Canada must be different (or at least I hope so for your sake) here in the states you would be in way more trouble than the thief .

Rick

PS ---> I never said I liked it this way , just have accepted that's how it is .

Old 11-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RickRitter
In the USA if that kid was under 18 he would have all the stuff in your garage and the garage too .

I have a different approach when my alarm goes off on my garage in the middle of the night . I warm a cup of coffee , drink it , read the newpaper a bit , and then go down to see what's going on . I like to give the thief time to collect what he needs and clear out without stumbling (if he gets hurt on my property I owe too) .

I don't like being a victim of crime either , but knocking the tar out of a kid is something you can't insure yourself for , Canada must be different (or at least I hope so for your sake) here in the states you would be in way more trouble than the thief .

Rick

PS ---> I never said I liked it this way , just have accepted that's how it is .
Man Rick I was thinking the same thing. If that kid is under 18 then he would be taking YOU to the cleaners if it was in the states. Sucks that it's that way but it is. One of the worst things in my book is a thief that takes what someone works so hard to get!

Old 11-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

yall sure do make me love Texas. if its dark and they are on your property you can shoot first and ask questions later. just dont shoot them in the back. all you have to say is you say him make a threating move or you thought he was going for a gun/knife/bat.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with Rick but man it just pi$$E$ you off, well I hope thewild1 told the cops he was just trying to restrain him I believe you do have the right to do that.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Range Rover

Oh´ my God, what have happened in good old America.
Mr RickRitter you´re in big deep trouble there. Do you have only one state there where law talks? Texas.
We here in Europe allways have thought that you there shoot first and ask after, if it´s nesessary anymore.
Times have been changed even in USA. Oldtimers didn´t ask too much.
Anyway, it´s not fairplay if you cannot protect your property.
Remember that SantaClaus is coming or not.
Best wishes to all of you: BastardoGrande from FINLAND

Old 11-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

At least you know he wont be going back anytime soon lol

Quick Reply: Caught some little punk in my shop last night