On Demand AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On Demand AWD

Originally posted by: raxxor
fuild in hubs is new maybe 10 hours
the on demand worked that way since new. rear wheels spin, front come in even in two wheel drive.
i know front wheels are not locked in becouse i can spin rear wheels for a bit then fronts come in

we had a problem with front wheels not working .it was the switch in the shifter handle that told where shifter was
[neutral forward or reverse] I disabled the switch now the neutral light wont light we can live with that. when I engage the 4 wheel drive all four wheels turn . its like i have a locker on my polaris

I have a red push button to engage awd a light comes on
Wow, with your own system there I am a bit confused.

All I can say is that even when new, your AWD should not engage when you are in 2wd. When you turn on AWD, the front tires shouldn't be powered until the rear slip (or else steering would be borderline impossible).

Maybe someone else can help?

Old 12-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On Demand AWD

Originally posted by: tyler711
Originally posted by: raxxor
fuild in hubs is new maybe 10 hours
the on demand worked that way since new. rear wheels spin, front come in even in two wheel drive.
i know front wheels are not locked in becouse i can spin rear wheels for a bit then fronts come in

we had a problem with front wheels not working .it was the switch in the shifter handle that told where shifter was
[neutral forward or reverse] I disabled the switch now the neutral light wont light we can live with that. when I engage the 4 wheel drive all four wheels turn . its like i have a locker on my polaris

I have a red push button to engage awd a light comes on
Wow, with your own system there I am a bit confused.

either his quad is so riged it dosent know what to do, or the dude is realy confused...

i think your 4x4 switch is bad, yes the red button!!!!!

take it apart and look at it!!!!!

merry christmas!
All I can say is that even when new, your AWD should not engage when you are in 2wd. When you turn on AWD, the front tires shouldn't be powered until the rear slip (or else steering would be borderline impossible).

Maybe someone else can help?