Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

MV7

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MV7

Any MV7 owners on the list?

Bought mine a couple of weeks ago. LOVE IT - JUST WISH THEY HAD SOME ACCESSORIES OUT RIGHT NOW

MV7 -- This is a tank! Yes it is heavy and the turning radius not the best, but this thing is a an awesome work machine and it rides great with the tough suspension. Can load 300# of feed on the back 150# on the front and not even phase it. I have towed my 6x12 single axle trailer with 1000# and when I put the tongue on the full size hitch i could hardly tell it was put on there, this tank pulled it without a problem. front and back winches are great for pulling trees out of the way and for getting out of a jam. the tow hooks are great too! Motor has all the speed I need, shut it down at 55. Does great in the woods and up creekbanks you just have to pick a wider path(48") I had to widen some of the trails on my place.
I almost bought an ATP but am so glad i decided on the MV7 - Have read some reviews on other webs that mentioned tipping over however i have not had a problem. there is one 40 degree hill that is very rough with bluff rock that I go up on my place on the end of a ridge from the creek bottom, and have not had a problem-- LOVE THE AWD -- Real 4x4 traction. Cold weather is no problem so far!! 4 degrees here a couple of weeks ago, turned on key and it fired right up.

DISCLAIMER (DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME) I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT (LOL)

Old 12-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default MV7

Nice welcome to the polaris world and to the forums... Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MV7

i almost bought a MV7 over my 800, tanks rule. though it would have been a bad decision on my part to get the MV7 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MV7

I am in the market for a new atv...I might look at the MV7. Also, welcome to the forums!!

Old 12-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default MV7

The first time I saw an MV I wanted it and still do, although I'm not sure why (hehehe) It just screams TOUGH! My dealer has had one in his showroom for a year so I’m sure he’d make someone a good deal on it.

The only negative thing I can say about it is, because we like to play in the mud it looks like cleaning the slop out of all that extra metal and the exoskeleton would be a nightmare. And I guess “play” is the operative word here too. Our quads are for play; got a Ranger XP and 4wd tractor for the heavy lifting and that’s already too much stuff to maintain. But I still have this barely controllable urge to own an MV.

Don’t know what you’re looking for in accessories but you might benefit from a 3 Headlight Mod, Reverser Override Locker and a Pod Temp Gauge. You already have plenty of fuel capacity and it sounds like you enjoy having your racks clear for cargo. You might find some accessory ideas here.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default MV7

Congrats!!!!!

The MV7 is an awesome rig. I have an 02 700 and thought the extra values you get with the MV7 were definately the right ATV for us. We use it primarily for gold prospecting. With the hauling capacity and reliability, it is great. It has a lot of the same features that lead me to choose Hummers as the other offroad vehicle. It's a great pack mule. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm looking for a second one.

Jer

Old 12-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default MV7

Hey bud welcome to the forums. Wish I had one of those tanks. I've seen one at my dealer. There big.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default MV7

Thanks for all the replies, this looks like a great website

Old 01-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default MV7

I love mine.......it is big and heavy, and yes the thing has a gazillion places mud hides in, but it is awesome.
My only complaints are the fuel mileage and the clutch doesnt engage soon enough, too much slip.

Pilk

Old 01-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default MV7

Congrats on the new quad MV7MAN. That thing sure is a beast!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Bryce