Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Ranger XP in riding group...this thing kicks arse

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ranger XP in riding group...this thing kicks ****

Today we put my buddy's new '06 Ranger XP 4x4 to the test and holy crap that thing surprised the heck out of me. We took that thing over and through anything we could find on the trails and it conquered almost everytime. Just when you thought it was done and time to get the tow straps the XP broke itself free and was able to get out on its own will. We were only able to get it stuck once when we tried making it through some deep muddy ruts without enough speed. If the trails got tight then the XP would make its own because small trees and large brush were no match. The beast was very stable on turns and steep hill climbs. We had the XP almost sideways in deep mud and took turns at insane speeds. Even donuts were possible in a slushy field and despite our abuse we could not roll the thing (I'm sure we easily could if we really wanted). If I had 10k to play with I would go out and buy one tomorrow. I was not expecting it to be as much fun as it was.

I will make it a point to get some good pics of the thing in action.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Trailblazer

Alright! I need to know,does the XP come with an oil filter,and a pressurized oil system?

I'm not pulling your leg....I'm getting one,and I want to put one of those "Dual oil filter kits" offered by the hotrod catalogs (Summit,Jeg's,);and J.C.Whitney on it.

I'm assuming that it does,but all I've found out is that the 500 is a dry sump system,and the 700 is a wet sump.....

I also want to put a "Frantz" Bypass filter on it....so,it's gotta be pressurized.

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes it is pressurized i dont know a new bike that isnt

Old 01-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy Ed just got a XP in candy apple red The 700 twin runs real strong Also VERY quite I like how low geared the low range is this thing is a real beast It rides much better then the rhino And it has more leg room than the rhino it hurts my leg from holding it up off the gas peddle when I drive the rhino

Old 01-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

guitronics this is off the polaris website

Lubrication Pressurized Wet Sump
Oil Capacity 2/1.9 qts/ltr

Old 01-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info on the oil system....I assume it also has a filter.To the guy with the rhino with the "Reaching the accellerator pedal" problem....I didn't know the rhino had that problem.

The Ranger does, I've read that you can take a 12" long piece of 2" x 4" and push that under the gas pedal....your heel sits on the wood,and you don't have to stretch all the time to give it the gas.

Quadavator makes a more permanent, metal, bolt down kit for this.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

just not enuff room for me i feel cramped when I drive a rhino But I do have fun with it dont get me wrong

Old 01-04-2006, 05:39 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 4FITTY
My buddy Ed just got a XP in candy apple red The 700 twin runs real strong Also VERY quite I like how low geared the low range is this thing is a real beast It rides much better then the rhino And it has more leg room than the rhino it hurts my leg from holding it up off the gas peddle when I drive the rhino
Darn...I didn't know you could get red on an XP,or even a ranger.That's my Stepson's favorite color,I told him he'd have to settle for the stock subdued green.

As long as he doesn't see one, it'll be OK!

Old 01-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: guitronics
Originally posted by: 4FITTY
Darn...I didn't know you could get red on an XP,or even a ranger.That's my Stepson's favorite color,I told him he'd have to settle for the stock subdued green.

As long as he doesn't see one, it'll be OK!
They offer red every now and then, it's not a standard color just a special edition. In '05 they offered a couple with red plastic. In '06 it's red paint. In any case they're hard to find!

Old 01-05-2006, 05:16 AM
Trailblazer

Good! As long as he doesn't see one,we'll be OK...haha.

Quick Reply: New Ranger XP in riding group...this thing kicks arse