Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where to mount the license plate ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount the license plate ?

Anyone find a place to mount the license plate on the 06 Sportsman's? Any pictures? I know, not the worlds most exciting question but I still need to mount the damn thing some where so some D-Bag can see the number to turn me in when I drive within sight of their house [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

WGMARQ........
This might not be the answer you're looking for because I see you don't have a rear rack extender.....But I have mine zip tied to my rear rack extender in the middle.There's a piece of the rear rack that protrudes up a little right in the middle and that's right where the bottom of my plate rests against.........The top holes are zip tied and the bottom has a piece of electric tape which holds the plate against the piece of plastic that's raised from the rack......The tape also prevents the plate from rattling....It's a perfect fit.....You gotta get a rack extender though...The plate fits against the front of that plastic protrusion....Hope that helps.
John

Old 01-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Range Rover

Your right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But thanks for the reply

Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

I took a chrome bracket and bead blasted it and painted it black. The I centered it on my rear tool box just below the direction indicator for the latch. It still opens flat and since I have the bumpers it looks like a license plate on a pickup.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Range Rover

I would buy a rear rack extender and zip tie it to the left rear side of it. I choose the left side because if you are riding and you go somewhere you are not legally allowed to be,(on accident I mean) you can stay on the throttle, reach behind you with your left arm and fold the plate up so that no one can id your machine. I dont register my machines in my home state of CT but they are all registerd up in Mass. I dont condone riding where you shouldn't be but sometimes it happens.
Last year the local state pd decided to park at a trail end (on the street) to stop riders, they mailed tickets to every plated bike they saw. Me and my buddies(one of which is a local state officer)folded ours up and went by at 40 mph. NO TICKETS LOL..

Old 01-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Range Rover

Anyone know a cheaper source for the rack extensions than the dealer ?

Old 01-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

You could zip tie it to the horizontal bar just above the trailer hitch and it will probable be obscured by mud which will give the same effect as flipping it up but in an innocent way. Honestly Mr Policeman I did not know you could not see my plate. Thats where mine is on my 99 SP and is usually covered in mud shortly after I start to ride.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Range Rover

I used four cable ties and attached the plate to the two verticle frame posts which are located to the rear and above the rear differential. The license plate should be in the center of the back of the quad. It is visible and out of the way.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Range Rover

if i were you i would put it on the anti roll bar. Not the most visible but then again sence every one here seems to run from the police! lol jk i know r talking a trail then at the end there is a guy with a big stick ready to take a wack at you. Back to the plate thought i would zip tie it to the anti roll bar.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have my plate zip tied to the back under my rack. I never put the registration on it, thats on the body its self next to the tail light so if the plate fell off I wouldn't have to replace the tag. I also never put the numbers on the plate for that matter. Its been almost 3 years this way.