Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

looking for more info on scrambler

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for more info on scrambler

hi
i just recently purchased an 05 scrambler. the first thing i did was buy the factory repair manual, because i would prefer to do all the maitenence possible myself. i was wondering if ther was anymore books such as a haynes or clymers that i could buy for this year. i mainly want something to explain the pvt system a little bit more in depth and mayby a little less confusing. this is my first atv and i would like to know as much as possible about it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

you can go here:
http://www.aaenperformance.com/ATV_Home.asp

they sell a book that explains everything you need to know (and then some), about the pvt sytem. very informative.

congrats on your new purchase!!!

X

Old 01-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DITTO on what X said!
Dont let these yaihoos on here get you to modding your Scrambler until you lern it good first.
I know these mod freaks in here they want it faster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

It wont be long before the mod bug hits... itll start off with little things like scramblerXrateds grab bars and rad scoops and then a UNI airfilter... and then you find a good deal on a clutch kit and you find a good deal on a dg front bumper and then you start thinking about a white brother e series silencer and it never ends.... lol It took me about 2 months of stock riding before i got the rear grab bar... and the rest has happened in less than a month and a half..lol

Old 01-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

it can become an addiction......... an obsession even!

X

Old 01-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 67cam
hi
i just recently purchased an 05 scrambler. the first thing i did was buy the factory repair manual, because i would prefer to do all the maitenence possible myself. i was wondering if ther was anymore books such as a haynes or clymers that i could buy for this year. i mainly want something to explain the pvt system a little bit more in depth and mayby a little less confusing. this is my first atv and i would like to know as much as possible about it. any help would be greatly appreciated.
To make it as simple as I can, the PVT clutch kinda works like the gears on a 10 speed bike. It uses pulleys insted of gears and a belt insted of a chain. The pulleys open and close from centrifugal force which changes the pulley ratio which gives you your various speeds. I hope I didn't confuse you. The next time you have your clutch cover off, start up your quad in neutral and rev up your motor and you'll see what I'm talking about. Just make sure you were some safty glasses if you do that. Have fun. Later

Old 01-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Trailblazer

thanks guys for the info. and the addiction has already started. i just want to make sure i spend the money in the right spots. oh buy the way i checked out your pics scrambler x and that is one nice looken machine! i will be in touch for a grab bar

Old 01-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

right on dood! thanks!

X