Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stick Stopper and radiator FYIs

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stick Stopper and radiator FYIs

Just putting the stick stoppers and Jamhard radiator protector on my 800 EFI tonight. letting you know that you will need to grind down the old mounting bracket on the front a-arms to get the front stickstoppers on. It's a small piece that is welded to the fron arm that the 3 torx bolts went into to hold on the plastic shield. Just giving you guys a heads up if you get them.

Also, for all the mud riders...taking the time to get into the radiator is worth it. I washed and scrubbed but after removing the side shields and feeling around...the back of the radiator gets packed with mud in all the corners and along the edges. I was taking my air compressor and blowing out dried bits of mud (gets a lot out!!) but when it came to the corners/edges, i couldn't feel air on the backside. Take the time to remove the fan or the side shields and run water through until the mud is free. Sorry to ramble. Don't post much but i was working on the beast tonight and thought i would share.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stick Stopper and radiator FYIs

Great info, thanks! This very thing has been slowly eating away at my nerves lately. I've been thinking about this for a while, and when I had my front end a bit apart while installing my horn, I blew out the dust/seeds/weeds/crap out of my radiator, but wasn't satisfied I'd done a proper job. I don't see much mud around here, but the other crap I mentioned gets in there a bunch. I wasn't dedicating much brain power to this, but enough to bug me like a scab that just won't heal...

Taking the side radiator covers off hadn't dawned on me...I'll do that to try to better clean it w/the airhose.

Thanks again!