Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 800EFI vs. Bombardier 800

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris 800EFI vs. Bombardier 800

The comparison article is in fact in the December issue of Dirtwheels. Both are very nice machines and capable in their own right. According to the Dirtwheels article the Bombardier had the edge in speed but the Sportsman received the overall win. As for the power issue itself, the Bomb has more peak horsepower ( although not quite 25% more ) but the Sportsman has a torquier motor ( especially on the low end of the rpm range ). It's really all about what suits you better personally. Both machines have more than enough power as far as I'm concerned ( when you can easily wheelie a 750 pound utility quad with an automatic tranny I think you're ok in the power department ). The Bomb leans more toward the sporty side of the spectrum where as the Sportsman has more of the utility oriented tasks in mind.
Good luck with your decision.

Old 01-25-2006 | 11:22 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris 800EFI vs. Bombardier 800

Originally posted by: SVMH20
The comparison article is in fact in the December issue of Dirtwheels. Both are very nice machines and capable in their own right. According to the Dirtwheels article the Bombardier had the edge in speed but the Sportsman received the overall win. As for the power issue itself, the Bomb has more peak horsepower ( although not quite 25% more ) but the Sportsman has a torquier motor ( especially on the low end of the rpm range ). It's really all about what suits you better personally. Both machines have more than enough power as far as I'm concerned ( when you can easily wheelie a 750 pound utility quad with an automatic tranny I think you're ok in the power department ). The Bomb leans more toward the sporty side of the spectrum where as the Sportsman has more of the utility oriented tasks in mind.
Good luck with your decision.
Thanks. I ordered the latest back issue listed on Dirt Wheels web site today, but that was the 09/2005 issue. I've found older issues to be informative to those of usw that have largely ignored ATV's until recently.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I'll look around for that one too. I'm not married to the idea of the Outie800, yet. Looks like I need another visit to the local Polaris dealer.