Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006 | 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

The Kodiak is a good machine, but for the money, they new Sportsman 450 is a tougher ATV, more Ground Clearance, Comfortable Ride, MUCH more storage, 455cc Engine compared to 421cc Kodiak, and every component is built tougher, escpecially the axle's and CV boots are protected better.. So i would choose Polaris, my next ATV will most likely be an '06 AC 500 Manual, but i will keep my SP.. IMO the SP500 would suit you best, its Pretty much perfect.
----------------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
3000 lb. Warn Winch
3-Way Headlight Mod
High Lifter Lift Kit

2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 Mossy Oak - STOLEN
2001 Honda Rancher ES 350
Winch
Sold

Old 02-06-2006 | 01:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris?????

My dealer sells Polaris and Kawasaki. In the show room they have Sportsmans and Brute force 750I side by side and if you look at the drive train, the Sportsman is hands down more bullet proof.

Old 02-06-2006 | 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Originally posted by: zerowick
Originally posted by: gunman457
I would consider the Kawasaki, They make a good ATV. Their belt drive is much better then Polaris, because they don't have a separate trans from the engine. They don't have alignment problems like Polaris does, because it's all one unit, not two. I won't worry about the servo motor for enging braking. I don't hear people having problem's with them. My car trans has servos in it and it has over 100,000 mile's on it. So I don't see what the problem's is.
um, hello? earth to gunman, come in? do a search over there where you belong, just type in "belt" and click the search button. don't know how many pages there are, I stopped counting after 5.
um, hello? earth to zerowick, come in? I did a search all the way back to the year 2000. I found one guy that had a problem with the engine braking, but it's was covered under warranty. And another one that made a little noise after shut down. That's all I found. So where are all these people having problem's. I count two within six year's. Man, that's a lot of people having problem's. They should have a recall on it.

Old 02-06-2006 | 02:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Sorry, but you're busted again gunman. I also did a search on this in the Kawasaki forum and there were at least 24 full pages on belt issues dating back to Tues. April 25 2000, which happens to be less than 6 years. I haven't went through them all by no means but from the topic titles it appears there were a way more than 2 posts about belt problems. It appeared to me that there were more than two belt problem topics on many of the individual pages. You don't have to take my word for this. Any of you can go to the Kawasaki Forum and type in the word "belt" in the search box, click on the search box and and see the truth for yourselves. As I've always said, do your own research to confirm what the real truth is. If you do you will soon find out who you can depend on to help you out, and who to take with a grain of salt.

Old 02-06-2006 | 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Hey zerowick,Was that so hard to do? I'm sure you have more to tell him. Go on.
ok, kinda bugs me that with all the bells and whistles my Sportsman doesn't have a stinkin' clock! oh yeah, and where the square frame tubing stradles the trailer hitch Polaris left the ends of the tubing open, maybe for drainage, but the water would have to go up, I put in my own plastic end caps with silicone so they don't fall out. looks much better. and while I'm at it, why don't they come stock with the 3 head light mod? well, that's it. even after all that whining I still think the Sportsman is the best machine for what I do with it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Man you sure bashed the Polaris on that post, If I new they was lacking all the comforts I would have never bought mine. LOL - Gunman sounds like a friend I have , never can be happy with 10 naked women and 10 milloin dollars. It may not be a lemon quad just a sour rider.

Old 02-06-2006 | 02:42 AM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris?????

I thought I would give my 2 cents since I am new to the board here. Been reading for a long time and finally registered. I couldn't take it anymore. I have owned a 95 and a 98 Xplorer 400 with 3800 mi and 4300 miles. For what I have put them through I can't expect not to have some problems. Yes they were a little work to maintain with grease and chain adjustments but they always went through whatever I asked them to go through. My friend has a 99 Xplorer and has had problems with it but that is because of his maintainance routine or lack there of. He is too cheap to put in 92 octane or put in fresh gas after a winter of pushing snow before our annual spring ride. He only has 1200 miles and wonders why mine sounds better. I chastise him every year but he doesn't get it.

Another friend purchased his first ATV last year and went with the Kodiak. Is it just me or does it seem like you are leaning forward when you ride them? He doesn't do too much serious mudding so he really hasn't pushed it. I think after he rode a buddy's 600 he was second guessing his purchase. I did not ride him on it but told him he could let his wife use that one and get a Polaris for himself.

My brother bought a Bomb but it is too early to tell on that one since we haven't gotten it dirty yet. I am looking to get a new Polaris but haven't figured out which one to get. I want the X2 but the wife thinks we should wait a year for that one. Whatever it is it is going to be EFI because I do a lot of Ice fishing and am sick of waiting for the engine to warm up. I don't know if I should get the 500 or 700. How much more does the 700 use? I really like the Browning Editions but they aren't coming out until July and I can't wait that long.

Old 02-06-2006 | 03:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Hey Fireslayer,
Who is talking about belts. The complaint from zerowick was about servo motor for engine braking on Kawasaki. As for belt's, Polaris has 5x more belt problem's then Kawasaki does. Kawasaki doesn't have belt alignment problem's like Polaris does. And you tell me I don't know how to read. You need to quit inserting your foot into your mouth. Your embarrassing yourself.

Old 02-06-2006 | 03:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Man you sure bashed the Polaris on that post, If I new they was lacking all the comforts I would have never bought mine. LOL - Gunman sounds like a friend I have , never can be happy with 10 naked women and 10 milloin dollars. It may not be a lemon quad just a sour rider.[/quote]

I want 20 naked women and 20 million dollars.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2006 | 08:46 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Default Polaris?????

Man you sure bashed the Polaris on that post, If I new they was lacking all the comforts I would have never bought mine. LOL - Gunman sounds like a friend I have , never can be happy with 10 naked women and 10 milloin dollars. It may not be a lemon quad just a sour rider.
I want 20 naked women and 20 million dollars.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][/quote]

Carefull Gunman, 1 woman with clothes on, can go through 20 million dollars.

Old 02-06-2006 | 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

I would consider the Kawasaki, They make a good ATV. Their belt drive is much better then Polaris, because they don't have a separate trans from the engine. They don't have alignment problems like Polaris does, because it's all one unit, not two. I won't worry about the servo motor for enging braking. I don't hear people having problem's with them. My car trans has servos in it and it has over 100,000 mile's on it. So I don't see what the problem's is.
um, hello? earth to gunman, come in? do a search over there where you belong, just type in "belt" and click the search button. don't know how many pages there are, I stopped counting after 5.
um, hello? earth to zerowick, come in? I did a search all the way back to the year 2000. I found one guy that had a problem with the engine braking, but it's was covered under warranty. And another one that made a little noise after shut down. That's all I found. So where are all these people having problem's. I count two within six year's. Man, that's a lot of people having problem's. They should have a recall on it.
Ok, Here we go again. Read the whole quote above and you will see that zerowick was talking about doing a search on the word "belt". Then you reply that you did a "search all the the way back to the year 2000", but you gunman were the one who changed the search topic over to "engine braking". BTW, I went back and did a search on "engine braking" on the Kawasaki forum and suprise, I found more than "two"who had had problems. Doesn't matter to me if all you can resort to is petty immature insults. The truth is here and on the Kawasaki forum in black and white for all to seek and find out for themselves. Nuff said.

Quick Reply: Polaris?????