Polaris?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006 | 12:04 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Polaris?????

I just read some reviews on the net and on almost every review, it says
Polaris is best
Polaris has the most travel, plushest suspension, most power, most towing and rack capacity and im
starting to think.....
IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THESE THINGS!!! lol
the only thing i've heard bad is weight and belt alingment... whats wrong with the belt
alingment?????

Old 02-08-2006 | 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

There really is no problem with belt alignment. Once aligned they pretty much stay aligned. You may get one here and there that was not aligned right from the factory. You may eat a boot here and there, replace a belt, and the efi needs the bugs worked out in them. No major problems. Not known for breaking axles or cv's. The reason they are heavy is because they are built like a tank but even tanks break on occasion. No matter how big and bad something is there is always a weak point. Depending on the rider you will find the weak point.

The cvt is very tunable and you can pretty much make it do what you want but I think it is outdated. Some of the automatics on other brands are very nice. If Polaris can design an automatic that could get most if not all the power to the wheels they would be unstopable but on the other hand they would have to beef up the drivetrain to take the extra power.
The new hawkeye is supposed to have a really good automatic and from what I hear that design may end up in the bigger cc models in the next year or two. The hawkeye is somewhat a test vehicle.

Old 02-08-2006 | 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Ya know it really should not matter what we or any one else rides. We as ATV riders need to stick together and put our worries in other places. Like making sure the atv laws dont take over and close our riding areas. Keeping our riding areas safe and clean for us and others to enjoy. Just ride, be safe and most of all be happy!
Amen brother. Its getting sad around here, We had wide open riding places 10 yrs ago, last year there was a handfull now its looking bad, I don't know what there will be 5 yrs from now. Can't even park near the dang woods now. There are a few land owners that don't care but the ones that buy land now and lease it out for hunting keep those trails closed off yr round. I know this off subject but in a way at this rate it won't matter what kind of quad or bike you buy there won't be any places to ride. It just makes me so mad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2006 | 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Polaris has the most travel, plushest suspension, most power, most towing and rack capacity the only thing i've heard bad is weight and belt alingment... whats wrong with the belt
alingment?????

actually the Cats have 10" of suspension travel front and rear and the Bomb 800 has over 60 ponies in its stall which trumps the Polaris line. more utes than just the Bomb have better power to weight ratios than the Polaris utes. that said, I love mine and wouldn't have it any other way, the Sportsman is a solid machine. belt alignment? consider the source of that comment, Mr. Angry at the World cannot be trusted!

Old 02-08-2006 | 06:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris?????

I am the Patriotic type and well the Polaris is MADE IN USA. Besides that they are built like tanks. I have had a 06 sp700EFI for just a little while and I thinks its great. I have already had the pleasure of pulling a few Rice Rockets out of the mud when they tried to follow me.

Old 02-08-2006 | 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

I would have bought my Polaris no matter where it was made, that's another topic altogether and should have no influence on ones ATV purchase. pick a machine for its features and repair history. nothing wrong with those "rice rockets", don't burn your bridges quite yet, never know when you will need one to pull YOU out.

Old 02-08-2006 | 06:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris?????

Hold on there, dont start another riot. Thats not the only reason I bought Polaris, but one of them. If, I get stuck that bad, I shouldnt have went in there in the first place.
My goodness, those New Englanders are so testy.

Old 02-08-2006 | 07:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

gonna be pretty hard to get that 700 stuck! I was only trying to prevent a riot over where a machine is made, too many threads have gotten lost that way. just want to stay on track and not get into a global economy discussion.

Old 02-08-2006 | 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Originally posted by: zerowick
gonna be pretty hard to get that 700 stuck! I was only trying to prevent a riot over where a machine is made, too many threads have gotten lost that way. just want to stay on track and not get into a global economy discussion.
Amen on that zerowick. By the way, what happened to our friend "Mr. Angry"? I started to respond to a post he sent me early Tues. morning, and when I sent my reply, his post disappeared. Got a nasty PM from him but haven't seen or heard from him since. Maybe we lucked out for a while.

Old 02-08-2006 | 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris?????

Lets just say certain people were watching him.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] HEHEHE!!!

Quick Reply: Polaris?????