Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

blown seal

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown seal

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
And you wonder why you have so many problems with your scrammy. If you keep pumping you will distort the seal and cause it to prematurely fail. They can only take so much pressure. You fill the joints till the popping stops. This means all the air is out of the joints. If your seals were good to start with dirt should not get in there in the first place. Every time you pump the crap out of it makes it easier for dirt to enter.

Whatzupdog,
What u joint were you greasing on the 250? It has no u joints!
That shows what kind of mechanic you are. You won't hurt the rear seals by pushing some grease past them. They are made to do that. You should get all the contaminated grease and water out. BTW I never had problems with my rear axle bearings. The rear greaseable bearings was one of the smartest things Polaris ever did, but they got rid of the greaseable bearings and started using those BS maintenance free bearings on them. Something for the dealers to make more money on you.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default blown seal

One word for you gunman457: CONTEXT. Read carefully and you will see that 2manytoys was discussing U-JOINT SEALS and not the bushings on the rear suspension linkages or rear axle housing seals. The reason most companies are changing to non-greasable sealed bearings is because people either over grease and blow out/distort the seals like you do, or don't grease them at all, either of which causes a shorter lifespan for the bearing/bushing that it is trying to protect. The non-greasable joint or bearing allows the manufacturer to install tighter seals which keep out water and crud better. If you would start paying attention sometime you might possibly learn something that will decrease your problems.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default blown seal

2manytoys It was the zerk fitting on the rear axle right in the middle. I thought that was my u-joint. The people at polaris thought so too. Thats where I got the name for it. They even wanted to sell me u-joint grease to go in that zerk fitting.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default blown seal

I did say joint right? I thought so. And Gunman they still have greasable bearings in the swingarm setup! Not sure where you got the non greaseable bearing from?

Watzup thats where I was confused because they dont have u joints. You did nothing wrong. Just wrong info from the dealer. What you did will not hurt it.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default blown seal

Hey Fireslayer,
If you knew what you where talking about, then you would know that a trailblazer 250 doesn't have any u-joints. Watzupdog was talking about greasing his rear bearing's. BTW non-greasable bearings are junk. The seals suck in them. You can't get the dirt out or get fresh grease in them. I changed four set's in my buddies 01 Raptor already. He like's to go muddin and to the dune and he likes water too. At least you can clean and grease the greasable bearings. I think Polaris changed it for lazy people that don't want to grease them. But they could make a couple hundred bucks on replacement service. Polaris made it sound like a good thing (Maintenance free bearing's). Polaris deceived us again.

And Fireslayer, Get your fact's straight before you disrespect me.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default blown seal

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
I did say joint right? I thought so. And Gunman they still have greasable bearings in the swingarm setup! Not sure where you got the non greaseable bearing from?

Watzup thats where I was confused because they dont have u joints. You did nothing wrong. Just wrong info from the dealer. What you did will not hurt it.
I'm not sure what year they changed it, but I think it was in 04 or 05. I though that was dumb of Polaris to do.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default blown seal

Gunman, Once again you did not read carefully. #1. I never said anywhere in my post that the Trialblazer 250 had u-joints.#2. I made it very clear that 2manytoys and wazupdog were talking about two different areas and types of components/seals which were being lubed. If you would have read both watzupdog Sun February 05,2006 5:52PM and 2manytoys posts Sun February 05,2006 6:37PM, you would possibly have realized that the the wrong terminology had been used from the beginning which was what I was trying to help clear up. #3. As far as the non-greaseable bearing/ seal debate goes, take it up with the people that manufacturer u-joints, bearings,seals and suspension parts such as Moog, Dana/Spicer, Fafnir, NTN etc. and see what they have to say about why there are so many non-greaseable components being used. #4. If you are using cheap bearings they will be of poor quality. If you have had problems with one brand don't make that same mistake over and over again. Do your research and find a company with a better product that will stand the jar.#5. I've found that most people who are decieved, are the ones who fail to pay attention and run their mouths without starting their brains first.#6. The "FACTS" were and are straight. #7. The only disrespect is that which you have brought upon yourself.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default blown seal

Gunman you need to go back and read what Watzup first post was about. He did say u-joint and nothing about bearings. I did correct him on that. Then go and read what fireslayer said and watzup said. Watzup was the one that said ujoints and fire said rear axle bearings.

This is what wazup said- When I was greasing my u-joint on a trailblazer 250 I was doing it in a dark area of my garage and didnt notice all this grease coming out by the chain and brake area. I was looking at the zerk fitting waiting to see it come out there when it was full, but it never came out at the zerk fitting but boy did it come out other places. I was using a hand held 3oz pump and had about 2oz left in it. I pumped all this into the u-joint area.

This is what fireslayer said- One word for you gunman457: CONTEXT. READ CAREFULLY and you will see that 2manytoys was discussing U-JOINT SEALS and not the bushings on the rear suspension linkages or rear axle housing seals.

But your the one saying he does not know what we were talking about. Watzup was misled by the dealer. He thought it was a ujoint and WE were talking about seals on the UJOINTS. Watzup mentioned NOTHING about axle housing seals. I corrected him. I dont see what the problem is here and why you have to argue every point someone says. It is very aparent that you like to argue because all the arguements here have YOU involved. Yes I am argueing also but I think 99% of the guys here would agree with me. If Im wrong, Im wrong and I would admit it but Im not wrong here. DAMN it cant we just all get along?

Old 02-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default blown seal

[quote]
Originally posted by: Fireslayer
I've found that most people who are decieved, are the ones who fail to pay attention and run their mouths without starting their brains first.

This statement you made decribe's you to a tee. If you read the title then you will see that they are talking about blown seal's. Not u-joint's. I knew what watzupdog was talking about. I didn't think I needed to correct him sence I knew what he was talking about. And as for bearing's go, I don't think you should tell anyone about bearings sence you don't know what your talking about. I guess you have a hard time admitting when your wrong.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default blown seal

Gundummy, Now I get it. You really aren't able to read and understand at the same time. I figured this out when I saw that the only comeback you had was a quote that I used to describe you. You are sad,sad puppy. Maybe one day you will get a clue and grow up some. We can only hope.

Quick Reply: blown seal