Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Best Polaris Sportsman Skid Plates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Polaris Sportsman Skid Plates?

I'm looking for skid plates for my new sp 800. Less than 200 miles on I've already bent the factory steel skid plate and busted the right footwell.

Ride in lots of rough terrain at slow speed in river bottoms. Like to crawl over rocks and trees and want something that slides over obstacles.

Have seen a few of the old polaris skids in their new full accessories catalog and online web site. Wondering if they will fit the new 800s.

Like the idea of poly skids as they are lighter and would seem to slide over obstacles easy. Also interested in aluminum as they would look nice on my black and silver machine.

Any information on brands, prices and rider operinons would be appreciated.

By the way did anyone read the article in ATV magazine about their 800 test quad that hit a rock, lost its drain plug, and well, we all know the rest.

------------------

06 800 EFI
04.5 500 (wife's)
02 700 Twin
86 Bayou 300
Rtired 91 TrailBoss 350

Old 02-17-2006, 10:54 PM
yaK
Pro Rider

Im not sure about the skid plates , but the one part that I found really needed the extra protection was the rad. I put a jamhard rad gaurd on it, You can see it in My pictures.Best Hundred Bucks spent.jamhard

Old 02-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

Im not sure as to what it is your looking for but you can check out ricochetatv.com (this website wouldnt open today but it always has in the past), and if your looking for a-arm guards, you can look at a set of stick stoppers. They look pretty cool but have their downsides as with anything.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

Pure Polaris

http://www.purepolaris.com/Listing.aspx?Department=ATV(PolarisPGACatalog)&Cat egory=ATVAccessories(PolarisPGACatalog)&Listing=AT VUnderbodyProtection(PolarisPGACatalog)

Old 02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

I have been looking for a full set of skid plates for my 800. I have contacted Pro Armor which is an authorized Polaris Parts Manufactor along with Polaris and nothing is available for the 800 EFI. If you look on the Polaris website at the skid plates their fitment chart shows that none are available for the 800. As of 02/16/06 Pro Armor says coming this year. Pro Armor would not say that the 700EFI A-Arm protectors would work. Pro Armor is expensive, but you get what you pay for and from the ones I have seen they are second to none. I will be buying a set as soon as they are available. If anyone finds some or knows more on this subject please share all.

THANKS

Robedoll

Old 02-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

This Just In. Here is an Email that I just received from Pro Armor.

To Robert; Thank you for your interest in using Pro Armor. At this moment we are not working on any parts for the Sportsman 800EFI. Currently we are designing parts for the Polaris Ranger and The Outlaw. However this does not count out the possibility of us designing a product for your ATV. In fact we know how vigorous and extreme the conditions can get with your type of ATV. So while we don’t have any plans right now to build any parts for the Sportsman 800, there is a certain possibility that we will be providing some in the near future. We at Pro Armor take a great deal of pride in our product and always try to provide the best possible. Therefore the process of designing, fabricating, testing our product takes time and dedication. So please check back with us via email, our website, or you can even give us a call to check up on the status. We truly appreciate your interest and concern for the Sportsman 800EFI market.

Thanks

Josh Sosa

PH: 951-270-0559

FAX: 951-270-0519

joshs@proarmor.com

Old 02-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: AuburnGrad
Im not sure as to what it is your looking for but you can check out ricochetatv.com (this website wouldnt open today but it always has in the past), and if your looking for a-arm guards, you can look at a set of stick stoppers. They look pretty cool but have their downsides as with anything.
RICOCHET'S website shows that nothing is available for the 800.

Trending Topics

Old 02-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info guys.

Trailbound

Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

I would think that the 700EFI parts should fit, they are the same machine as far as the chassis and suspension components go. Unless it has to do with the placment of things such as drain plugs.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: IdahoSportsman
I would think that the 700EFI parts should fit, they are the same machine as far as the chassis and suspension components go. Unless it has to do with the placment of things such as drain plugs.
Unfortunatley ProArmor has nothing available for the 2006 700EFI neither. Pro Armor says that the 2005 is different and will not fit the 2006. It would be interesting to know if the 2005 700 and 800 will interchange.

Quick Reply: Best Polaris Sportsman Skid Plates?