Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler 400's are junk

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2000, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chub, to answer your question as to why you are an idiot, we don't know WHY. But this is how I come to the conclusion that you truely are an idiot.

Your profile says that you have made 10 posts to these forums. I can only find 8. One of those was in the Kawasaki forum telling someone that they probably couldn't handle the power of a 250EX because they are female. Six were unprovoked flames in this forum, and the last was the one above, asking us why you are an idiot. Again, we don't know why.

Of all the posts that you have made, NONE, have been productive. You are getting exactly the type response that you wanted. And you ask why we call you an idiot.

We like our quads. We bought them knowing full well of the reputation that Polaris has. The fact that it is a far more versatile quad than anything else out there, makes it worth the gamble. Besides, whats it to ya ? It's our money.

We don't need people like you here. Please leave. Go to a forum where you can contribute something.

Old 11-20-2000, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

No,the Forum is not for our right telling people there atv's are junk. I personally know several people that have Scramblers and love them, and have had zero problems with them. you were bashing, and yes your an idiot for not seeing that it is uncool to tell people there machines suck. Hey you had troubles and that sucks, but the Scrambler is a extremely fun trail atv. if you want to jump and wheelie buy something else but if you want to have a great all around machine for variety of riding terrain then the Scrambler is hard to beat. if you are going to bash then prepared to be bashed right back.

Old 11-20-2000, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Ouch, it doesn't sound like you are a satisfied customer.

Look at it this way there are at least 5 more manufacturers to choose from & 3 of them are Japanese.

:O

Old 11-20-2000, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yo chubby,
Im 15 and i own a '98 scrambler. I just got it 2 1/2 months ago, and I have no regrets workin my a** off all my summer for it. I only had one problem with it so far, a seal went bad in the rear caliper but it was no biggy. I got it fixed, and now im off ridin. Sure greasin it does get a little testy when you put it off to the last minute, but it takes five minutes to hit em all. Its really no big deal. Polaris quality has really improved. It sounds like you are the type of rider who should own two atvs man. Go get your self a banchee or 400ex, then come get a utility quad like the Sp, Mag, or the Xplorer400.
Damn man I love my Polaris and it gets me mad when people like you sound like your five years younger than me. You just gotta understand they(Scramblers) are a rare breed. PUT IT THIS WAY... the mechanic at my dealer said it too...POLARIS ARE THE BEST MACHINES ON THE TRAILS, NOTHIN ELSE WILL GO WHERE THEY GO. Thats why I own a Polaris. He owns a honda for all the sporty stuff.

Old 11-20-2000, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

My friend an I bought our 98 scarmblers at the same time an he has had to fix alot on his quad an mine has been fine. The differnts for why mine has been very dependable an his has not is all in the rider be cause we go through the same stuff. He is what I would call a hard fast rider meanning his is hard on the quad an im easy an fast where I spend more time tryinh to go as fast as posibale but not abuseing the quad he can afford to fix his I can't also helps. But even with all his problems he has put at least 4000 in to it when I ask him if he was to buy a new quad what would he get then an it come right down to what out there is going to do what we do on the scramblers an we have yet to come up with anything he was looking it to getting the new scrambler 500 4X4 yellow an he has had alot of heartache with his but he is still wantting the Polaris feel an ablitie to run where ever we want to go.

95 Trail Blazer 250 MX racer 265lbs
98 Scrambler 400 4X4 for everthing else

Old 11-20-2000, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

This Chub just makes me laugh. It all depends on how and with whom you ride. To each his own.

Personnally, I used to ride with my wife and inlaws. I was the fast and sporty one in the bunch. Lately I have hooked up with fellow forum member, Zorro, and ride a lot faster and a lot sportier. No... I am not as fast (on top)as his Banshee and may not jump as high, but I keep up and absolutely love my Scrambler. It rocks in tight trails and in slippery situations. Mud and steep ruts are no problem what so ever. It just loves to pull "stuck little Shees" out of half-frozen mudholes...

So what if the whoops eat me alive...I will show up 3 seconds later at the other end. No big deal, the Shee and dirtbike are trapped in the mud at the other end! I love the auto tranny and ease of use. It even wheelies great when my technique and courage are up to par.

As for reliability...my buddies Shee has had an equal number of problems as my Scram. We alternate just about every ride. One day it's my sprockets, the next day his pipes. One day it's my plug, the next day his pipes... LOL

Life would be a bore if we all liked the same things! He would not own a Scram...and I not a Banshee...so what?!

Old 11-20-2000, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

OffRder15 I could'nt have said it any better my self, and if you ever see a guy on a high perfomance race machine stuck in mud leave'em there chances are their one of the idiots like chubby.
Before you go by the guy say "ya your machine is quicker than mine, quicker to get stuck".LOL.

LONG LIVE POLARIS

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 11-20-2000, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

I hate to break it to you guys but some people actually use forums like this to do a little research on perspective machines and brands. I have every right to post my experience with a piece of junk. Its too bad the select few don't like what I'm saying but it is the truth and that is something that needs to get out in the open. I have sat and read post after post by the most vocal of the members and if they don't hear something positive they slam you and then have the audacity to claim that the person was bashing. That is the definition of a hypocrit! I have not flamed anyone, I made a very clear list of the problems I've had and then get a load of bull from people who choose to ignore the machine's problems and go after me by calling me an idiot and the like. Doesn't that go against the rules of what is supposed to happen around here? Evidently very few are capable of looking at things objectivly since they don't like what they are reading when it says something less than positive about their machine. As is so typical of forums like these it degenerates into a name calling episode.

Old 11-20-2000, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Chub, it looks like you're basing your opinions on a Scrambler that was made 6 years ago.
Why would you want to discourage a new buyer based on some old information. The Scramblers no longer have the 3 chains or the open electrical connections. I'd like to know what 2 stroke 400 you're comparing the Scrambler motor to because the Scrambler 400 can run with any 2 stroke 400.
You complain that the Scrambler is more utility than sport quad yet you ride a Wolverine with full time 4WD. I can't imagine full time 4WD being very sporty. I'm not knocking the Wolverine though because it's a nice quad. My Scrambler has been nothing but dependable and there are alot of satisfied Scrambler owners on this forum so you may have just had a lemon back in '95. Try & find someone to let you try out a new one and see if you notice any improvement.

Old 11-20-2000, 11:26 PM

/////////////////////////

Chub,

The ATV Connection Forum Guidelines prohibit disruptive and intentionally argumentative posts designed to inflame passions, incite enmity, and elicit hostile responses from other Forum participants. Your post borders on being a candidate for deletion. It is one thing to dispassionately list the troubles you may have had with a particular machine. It is another entirely to issue a blanket condemnation of a manufacturer's entire product line based on one personal bad experience.

We see that you are new to the Forum, and as such we will give you the opportunity to engage in constructive dialogs with your fellow Forum participants. But we STRONGLY caution you to tone down your rhetoric. Any further posts of this nature WILL bring disciplinary sanctions.

Please confine your posts to constructive topics designed to further the sport of ATVing. Thank you for your cooperation.

ATVBBS

///////////////////////

Quick Reply: Scrambler 400's are junk