Listen to "BigBrother" Chub...

Old 11-21-2000, 02:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made my point to the factory lackys.

Old 11-21-2000, 02:20 AM
Range Rover

YES! Thank you! A moderator steps in. Is there an end it in sight to chubs? I sure hope so..He he he...I am giddy with the sweet taste of "Ya had it coming".

Keith

Old 11-21-2000, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer

In the Scramblers defense:

I ran into a guy on the trail one time who had just bought a brand new Grizzly (Japanese quad). This guy was braggin this and boastin that about his big bad new quad. We raced around with him through the trails for most of the day and began to notice that he was having a real hard time keeping up with our Polaris's (Both Scramblers- one 400 the other a 500). I have to hand it to him though, he was really putting some effort into it because after threading some pretty rough and winding trails at a pretty good clip he sure was sucking wind. Then came the mud hole. I jumped right in and started playing in this mud hole that was really rutted out from log skidders going through it before it filled up with water. It was really thick and gooey with alot of suddenly deep suddenly shallow spots in it. Mr. Grizzly was watching on the sidelines for quite some time until I finally pulled up beside him and provoked him into giving it a try. He said a few choice things about how he was waiting to see if he was gonna have to pull ME out and finally eased off into the hole. He went about 20 feet into the mud hole and the weirdest thing happened. His wheels just started spinning. All but one of them that is. The only wheel that was able to get some grip just sat there while he dug himself deeper and deeper into the goo. Well, we sat there laughing for a little bit because he was in a real fix way out there in that slop. I finally unwound my tow strap and dove back off into the unrelenting mud hole to rescue the poor Grizzly. Not only was my Scrambler capable of playing in the hole that trapped the Grizzly but was also able to pull him the rest of the way across the mud hole which was about another 40 or 50 feet.

So, before knocking the Scrambler for what you say is bad about it Chubby boy, think about the bad points of the one you have now. I think you'll find alot in common between the Grizzly and your Wolverine and it's called 3 wheel drive.

Old 11-21-2000, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

I was thinking about this thread on my way to work today. If I had to sum up in just a few words, the description of the Scrambler, it would read as follows:

The most fun and versatile 4x4 "trail quad" out there!

Old 11-21-2000, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

I like that.....

"Trail Quad"

Old 11-21-2000, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

Right on X.

Trail quad.

The Joka
400Scram

Old 11-21-2000, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

gee guys, other forums usually apply an term that fits here too I believe....

TROLL !!!

go start trouble in study hall chubb

Old 11-22-2000, 04:02 AM
Trailblazer

Here I sit getting insulted and personally attacked by other members and the moderator shuts me down. Hmm, does his brother-in-law work for Polaris or something? I get accused of stirring the pot. I didn't make this stuff up folks, it's all true whether you want to believe it or not. Anyhow, in my post I explained my experience and only a few members responded with an intelligent post, Farmer123 and Sharp1 to name the guys that stick in my mind. The majority of the other members resorted to personal attacks and name calling. Great forum! Maybe someone would just admit that older Polaris quads are not all that they could be. Gee, I hope that is not too controversial! Heaven forbid someone say something not positive about Polaris on this site.

Old 11-22-2000, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

You could have put your critisism in a little more constructive contents. Maybe something like "The Scrambler doesn't hold up as well as I thought it should"

Facts are welcomed here, just not flat out bashing.

Quick Reply: Scrambler 400's are junk