Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

MV 7

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MV 7

Originally posted by: RARECJ8
well i just took delivery of my MV7 and i'm overall impressed, altho i didn't notice until i got it home that two lug nuts are missing...argh! This is my 1st post here and hope to learn lots about this machine. I have ridden for years a Suzuki king quad and what i like about that bike is the ultra-low gear set and positive locking front diff. Got some lug nuts and took the MV to play in some gullys behind the house tonight and got it twisted up good and when i hung the LF tire in the air, it just spun around and the RF tire didn't move at all.. so i take it the AWD deal is not a true front locker? After about 20 minutes of riding, the electric fan kicked on-- is the normal?

Still ,the wifey wife loves it and thats making my life better.

So, hello! and we'll see ya on the trail...

mark in reno, nv

howdy Mark,

I sent you a Private Message about your MV700

Old 05-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default MV 7

it looks great in the garage...just sitting there... with three missing lug nuts i'm not too thrilled to take it for a spin-- the stealer had to order the nuts and that's just what i said! Replaced the whimpy Warn winch hooks w/ real duty hardware and topped off the tanks. So thats the report.

I'll get her out in the rocks soon and will post up pix here.

mark

Old 05-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default MV 7

We have a 2005 MV7 it was the first one sold in Quebec the dealer said My Son bought it on the 21 of Dec 2004
He liked the fact it was a tank His nick is (TANKBOY) its strong but slow.we use it during hunting,and around the farm.It will out pull my Big Boss with out Spinning a wheel.
Ken

Old 05-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default MV 7

Originally posted by: solid_fun
We have a 2005 MV7 it was the first one sold in Quebec the dealer said My Son bought it on the 21 of Dec 2004
He liked the fact it was a tank His nick is (TANKBOY) its strong but slow.we use it during hunting,and around the farm.It will out pull my Big Boss with out Spinning a wheel.
Ken

How slow is slow, Ken? I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these beasts so any first hand info you can tell me about them would be appreciated!

Thanks

Old 05-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default MV 7

He maybe able to get (90km) 55miles per hour Top end
Hey give me you email or email me I can tell you anything you want to know about it .
kclark2000@yahoo.com

Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default MV 7

Originally posted by: solid_fun
He maybe able to get (90km) 55miles per hour Top end
Hey give me you email or email me I can tell you anything you want to know about it .
kclark2000@yahoo.com

Thanks Ken I just sent you a private message.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default MV 7

well its all running fine now-- altho its crazy loud. rode the crap out of an ATP over mem. day w/e and another 700-- both more quiet together than the new rig by itself...hummm...

here are the pix...

mb

edit: OK, school me here-- i cannot get a link to photobucket to work here. IMG ot URL tags won't work... Is there a filter or must one be a paying member to post pix?

Old 06-06-2006, 02:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default MV 7

Thanks for posting those Mark.

Last week I ordered an MV 700.

Hey how is the gas mileage on yours?

Old 06-06-2006, 02:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default MV 7

gas mileage? i dunno... i just fill it when it gets low...haha! It's a heavy SOB, compared w/ my old King Quad (which i still use as a yard work horse.) No point wearing out the new ride when the old beater still runs.

so how do we post pix?

mb

Old 06-06-2006, 02:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default MV 7

Originally posted by: RARECJ8
well its all running fine now-- altho its crazy loud. rode the crap out of an ATP over mem. day w/e and another 700-- both more quiet together than the new rig by itself...hummm...

here are the pix...

mb

edit: OK, school me here-- i cannot get a link to photobucket to work here. IMG ot URL tags won't work... Is there a filter or must one be a paying member to post pix?

I just pasted the links into my browser and checked out your photos. I don't think they allow photos here. They can be directly uploaded in my forum, though.