Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mounting ATV tires what I learned

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006 | 01:45 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Mounting ATV tires what I learned

I got two AT489 tires and when I went to get them mounted at my local tire shop guess what I learned.
They do not mount atv tires. And another place also said no. The place I did find charged me 7.50 per tire and a fee to get rid of the tires, and stems. It cost 23.45 to get my two tires mounted on my rims

Old 06-07-2006 | 08:36 AM
Trailblazer

I just got new tires at Discount Tire. They totally went out of their way to order the tires I wanted that weren't even in their system, and installed them for free.

Old 06-07-2006 | 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

As much as I hate Walmart they are cheep and mount for free. you might have to wait a half of day and show them how to put them on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006 | 08:56 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I needed to get the bead broken on one of mine and went to a dealer. Didn't charge anything. But I did buy the guy a coke for his troubles.

Old 06-07-2006 | 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

Some places dont waste their time mounting stuff you bought elsewhere. At our shop, we will mount competitors tires for $5 each, and it's done right, but the customer usually regrets buying them elsewhere when I give them our price on the same thing. I sell Maxxis, ITP, Kenda, Carlisle and many other brands, and stock most of them. I think that if you SELL tires, you should be able to SERVICE them. Thats why online prices are sometimes a little cheaper-BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TO MOUNT/SERVICE THEM. And wally world may be cheap, but not only are they morons for the most part, they cant get much other than at489's (in some cases i beat their price on the tire AND install them free). WAL MART...... Temporary pleasure and long term pain--SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUSINESSES

Old 06-07-2006 | 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Les Schwab will replace ATV tires. I had a blowout on a Saturday night, found a replacement tire Sunday morning but the kinda did me a favor selling it to me since their shop was closed they couldn't change it for me. Took it to an actual BRP dealer and he wouldn't change it cause I didn't buy it from him, sad part was I had JUST had my quad serviced by them the week before....needless to say, I'll NEVER spend a nickel at that dealership.

Old 06-07-2006 | 07:52 PM

im haveing 4 swamp foxes mounted free of charge by my dealer and im bought the 4 for like 280 bucks

Old 06-07-2006 | 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

local place here that does all tire work never had a problem with me bringing in my tires, been there prolly 10 times, for my popped tires, new tires needing to be mounted etc. i just put on some razrs on my back end, it was only like 12 bucks with vavle stems. pretty good deal, and why wouldnt u just keep ur old tires instead of getting charged to have them dispose of them?

Old 06-07-2006 | 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bradb21
I just got new tires at Discount Tire. They totally went out of their way to order the tires I wanted that weren't even in their system, and installed them for free.

I love that place, i wont buy tires from any other source! they have gone out of their way for me more times then I can count!

great company!

Old 06-07-2006 | 11:06 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

the only real bad thing to me is breaking the old ones down and the sealing the rim for the first time w/ a good shot of air. ive done a few, and ive found the 6 plys dont flex as much when tring to slide them on. notice i just bought my wheel kit all ready put together. lol.

Quick Reply: Mounting ATV tires what I learned