Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How fast is a stock Predator and a Piped one HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How fast is a stock Predator and a Piped one HELP?

Old 06-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

huh? wha tdo you mean?

Old 06-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

stock their accleration is slightly faster than a raptor 660r and they are on par with a YFZ450. in my own personal experience (and i gues my yfz riding best friend's experience also [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) the Predator was actually quicker... but i understand that this is not everyone's experience, (some guys say one is faster, some say the other so i just say they're about even.) with a pipe you'll see almost 6hp gain (full system) if you get the correct set up and have it jetted properly. The pipe i have on mine has a Rath Racing header which is the best header you can get for these things. They don't add much peak, but they add a lotto of midrange which helps the pred out on the trail and on the track. Top speed, piped or not is 74-76mph on a GPS, which is right with a 450R and is one of the highest on the market. (the 700R probably has a higher top speed... but i think that's about it...) hope this helps.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

bump

did that answer his questions? suppose so.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

stock preds got a little juice, pipe really wakes em up like most sports. but top end it is dead even with my DS650, but now with my rev box i'll be able to out run it. but we would be both in 5th side by side and nobody would pull away. and to say a predator can stay on par with a YFZ450 in acceleration just makes me laugh. i've ridden both that were piped. YFZ = more power no question. my friend with his piped pred race a piped YFZ and they both launched in 2nd they both grabbed 3rd at the same time and then the YFZ was gone. its not even a close race.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

I don't want to start a bash session, but i'd say if you saw a YFZ destroy a Pred the Pred guy couldn't ride. We have a YFZ in our group and he's a good rider, raced motocross and did pretty well, so he knows how to ride his machine. When he and i race, it depends on the launch until i hit fourth at which point I take off on him, no matter who got the better launch. This repeats itself no matter who is on which machine. I've said this before and some Yamaha folks agreed, the YFZ has more torque, and a lower, harder hit, but if you've got the patience, the Predator has more over-rev HP. You just have to let it build, if you can ride it, it is at least on par with a YFZ.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Trailblazer

its all about displacement. the bigger motor will always be able to kick ***

Old 06-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

75mph is the regulated(?) limit on stock quads, most open class machines top out at around that speed. i dont know about the 450's.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the Quadzilla did upper 80's stock

Old 06-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

Originally posted by: ScramblerXLE
I don't want to start a bash session, but i'd say if you saw a YFZ destroy a Pred the Pred guy couldn't ride. .

lol how did he not know how to drive? they shifted same time, both grabbed third at the same time and the YFZ just shot away. I have also driven the pred and the YFZ that outran the pred. The pred is no wheres near as close in power.... both are piped.

Quick Reply: How fast is a stock Predator and a Piped one HELP?