Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler 50 bogging problem, and year identification

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrambler 50 bogging problem, and year identification

I was down there tuesday night (and asked if he had gotten a call from Michigan), he was going through the carb for me and doing some fine tuning. There was crap in the main jet, would not run without the choke pulled out a little. He took it apart, cleaned the carb, put it back together, and runs like a striped ars ape.

One piece of advice, the brass sleeve that the choke needle goes in, it needs to be knurled/scratched up to make the thing stay in place on the carb (this was part of the problem with mine). If you have any questions, give ol' Bob a call, he will help all he can!

Hope this works for ya, keep us informed of the outcome!

Old 12-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

THANK YOU!

I called Bob (in Illinois) and he set me up with the manual choke kit (From Polaris) that no dealers anywhere around me had any idea what it was! I talked to Bob on Wed. afternoon, and Friday the kit was in my hands(in Michigan). I put it in today and the little 50 is running like a charm! I am so excited and relieved that this fixed it since its my sons Christmas gift! Thanks for the note on knurling the choke 'piece' - that worked like a charm. It definately needed it since it seems a little too small for the orafice!

Anyway I just wanted to throw out a big THANKS for all the help. Have a great and safe Holiday!

J.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

How did your little guy like the 50?

Old 12-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

He likes it. We havn't had much riding time yet, I say WE because he insists I drive him around on it. I'll get him used to it over the next few weeks and let him decide when he's comfortable. He's more excited about the darn helmet I bought him! He wears it around the house acting like he's riding - mouth revvin' and hauling tail around the house. The only problem is the residue spit all over from the 'muffler' and the chips on the corners of the drywall from the helmet. I can't lie - I think it's GREAT!