Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrammy 38mm carb help and what silencer to use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrammy 38mm carb help and what silencer to use?

Hello, I am undecided as to what silencer to use, I have a hpd trailpipe, boyeson rad valves, clutch kit, 38mm carb is going on very soon, K&N filter, airbox mod will be done, bored 60 over with wiseco piston. It has the stock silencer and egh it works and sounds alright but i would like maybe a different sound maybe louder or it to just sound different, also would like to have on that is rebuildable and is aluminum. and possibly a power gain. The Fmf turbine core 2 I was told was one of the best choices, I just wanted to be sure. Those things are expensive like all silencers are and also are hard to find on places like ebay. I would like your opinions on silencers and what you guys are using. If anyone is using the turbine core 2 how did you like it? is it loud, different, was there a power increase, did you have to rejet, ect ect, and how did it compare to other silencers that you have tried if you tired other ones. And anyone else that has a different silencer could you let me know how it worked out ect ect. Thanks alot, Brian

Old 07-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Range Rover

Anyone?? I am thinking of buying this silencer i have found, it is a fmf turbine core 2 tds3 silencer. Same 1 1/4 inch pipe and length is about the same as my stock silencer. Think it will work? It is for a 200 or 250 dirtbike. Do you think it is tuned for that bike or are they all pretty much the same if it is 1 1/4 inch pipe? Just into the silencer exhaust goes, twurls through the turbine core, through the spark arrester and out the rear? Any help would be great! also the carb jetting is pretty figured out now. Thanks, Brian

Old 07-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

yes! with those mods you already have,the only thing you need then is a new silencer to flow all that new
power increase and to maybe 'redefine' the sound you're looking for,i personally like aluminum silencer,
hpd only steel steel silencer or maybe just one,the new epa approved silencer even from aftermarket builder
sound fake.i like the old ones better for the fit and finish,if you gonna find it somehere get an old hot seat silencer,
there was one of the best i've had,rcr silencer is very well built and durable too.
it will add 2-3 hp whatever you put into it.
byt the way,a dirt bike silencer will work,be sure the hole is enough opened for max flow tough.....

Old 07-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Range Rover

Hey, Thanks alot, Does only the rcr pipe add 2-3hp or will the silencer from say fmf do the same? The dirtbike pipe is the same inlet and outlet size pipe, 1 1/4 inch. Thanks alot, Brian

Old 07-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

The FMF silencer will work well too . It is a good part .

Most all straight through silencers will perform about the same - no matter who makes it .

On a side note - slightly restrictive mufflers will have slightly better power on the topend . A better flowing muffler will normaly add a bit more power on the bottom .

Rick