Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

well i have only owned my trailboss for 1 month now but i love it
i must have at least 150 hours on it already and only have one complant and its my fault
the auto belt got very wet today and started to slip in the middle of a very deep mud puddle
i got out , thanks polaris, and drained it and was off for more in under 3 minutes.
as for ford sucking
well i own a jeep i can steal parts from all the others and make it work on my wrangler so i would never bad talk any other brand but i do love my wrangler all four angry squirels

Old 07-02-2006, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris quads are NOT crap........they get a bad rap because they generally tend to be a little on the heavy side.

Depending on what you are wanting to do with your quad, the extra weight can actually be an advantage.

If it's not that, it's the old Snowmoble On Wheels thing because of the belt transmission. Speaking of the Scrambler that you cannot have a SPORT QUAD with a automatic BELT transmission. Things are changing a bit since then with the KFX700 and a few other SPORT quad entrants that also have a CVT tranny.

The imports all shoot for that magic number 600 lbs. Polaris doesn't have to because they are not importing them.

It all comes down to having fun and riding MORE than you are wrenching!!

Old 07-02-2006, 02:40 AM
Range Rover

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!! There is hardly any truth in this first post. It is the first year for the efi in the 500 fuji and of course there is going to be problems with it. Get used to it, problems happen, There is less threads about the other brands of atv's problems probably because too many people are out trading in there atv for a polaris! NON of my 3 polaris atv's have broken majorly in any way, 2 are new to the family one being used and the other being brand new. The other newly bought late in 2000, it is a 2001 sportsman 500 ho. One month after the first day we bought it we started riding it almost EVERY weekend, riding double with a total passenger wieght of about 380-390lbs. We would ride about 200+ miles in a round trip per day! We were wot about 90% of the time. NEVER over heated, NEVER blew up, NEVER broke down! Now im not talking just rode riding, im talking about the tight turns the hard coners the pavement the 95+ degree days im talking about water, thick or soupy mud over the fenders, ice, snow, rocks, hills, jumping ect ect. This still goes on with this wheeler today. I am willing to bet I have over 5000 miles now. Here is all the problems I have had with this wheeler. Speedo stopped working, rear brakes just finally went bad and fronts are almost there aswell, one flat tire(not polaris' fault) a clogged K&N filter(my fault) and thats it! Only other thing that has happened was a battery went bad over winter because it froze and broke and I have hit 2 trees, One was hit about 20 and was a fairly small pine, My fault again, I was going too fast on a opposite slopped corner while it was raining and it was at night, I wasnt paying attention went to jerk back on the trail more and front slid down the hill and hit the tree while I was braking. Other tree Is also my fault, going around a turn going 60 riding double on a dirt road, front end slip again because i took the outside of the turn and got in the loose crap! I would LOVE to see a different brand of wheeler do what I did! I would like to see the mangled mess that would be left, Mine was back on the trail 2 days later! Want to see what the wheeler looked like? Heres a pic and see for yourself, I bet a different brand probably wouldnt be able to do what I ever did by myself or with 2 people. Especually since all the hondas got stuck in 4wd where I made it in 2wd. Not bashing hondas but thats what brand was riding with us that day except for other polaris'wrecked polaris

Old 07-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Range Rover

with any big change like efi, you will have our problems. As far as weight goes, yes they are heavy. But in Polaris' case they have very heavy duty parts that contribute to that weight. For example, compare their drive train components to the the lighter machines on the market and you will see the size difference. They are made for chores.....but you can also have fun on em'[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

since my 800 is efi i havent any issues w/ it at all. i'ld be morew scared of this machine then a true proven 500 fugi. i think any dealer will tell you that its a pretty damn hard engine to beat in all ways. but there again everyone had their own opinion i guess. as far as trucks go who cares on the atv sight lol.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: gput02
could you tell me how many milliliters of two cycle are mixed with a gallon of gas for a 40:1 mix? I bought some motul 800 for my 98 yz 125 and need some help. I would appreciate the help.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

Old 07-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

15 ounces=40:1 mix ratio into 5 gallons of gas.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee
craw, you are completely out of your mind, you dont know ****, your a dumba$$, your saying ford and polaris are both crap, you sound like the kind of guy that has tons of friends and everyone likes and gets along with... Ford is crap LOL..... say that to the mustang in my garage with a supercharged 475 horsepower in it.

Lol next thing we know hes at my house yelling at the mustang YOU HUNK OF **** FORD!!!

Your Mustang is a hunk of **** and one of these days you will figure it out for yourself.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: stendori
if their total crap as you say why do they sell so many and have so many repete consumers such as my self and others. out of 100,000's made theirs always going to be a few lemons in anything or brand you buy. as far as the fugi 500 engine its been around along time w/ pretty good sucess. just my 2 cents
Ford sold over 1.6 million Pinto's. Does that mean that was a good car?
Have a nice day.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

You fellas are pretty defensive about Polaris? Why is that? I know I sometimes get defensive when someone says something that I know is true but, am too pridefull to admit.
Have a nice day.

Quick Reply: WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!