Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

My friend got the 06 500 efi its been to the shop 2 times in 60 miles electrical and overheating ? I think polaris is like cadillac of a.t.v`s it looks good, plush seat, great ride, best features, but breaks down and cost too much. Were do they get there motors ???? now its idleing ruff he wants to drive into the window of the dealer. He has only been on dirt roads nothing serious. Can anyone tell me if this company can ever compete with the japanese a.t.v`s with the motor not suspension. Im really sick of hearing about the ride and suspension yeah its great if you can get it to start. I think there doing what GM did they know everyone has one so they will charge top price and nickel and dime you to death. But will someone tell me if they are going to change the motor cause i like all the other features but cant afford to risk it. I like the dump bed too really sweet.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

Well.. I have a 05 800 with about 550 miles on it and no problems at all yet. One of my brothers has a 2000 500 Sportsman and one has a 2001 325 Magnum and neither has had a problem either. It doesn't matter what brand, you will get a few that have their share of problems. Polaris easily competes with any other ATV manufacturer. They are make good ATVs, people just like different things. It works the same for other vehicles, cars, trucks, etc..... you will get soem from every brand that have their problems, but that does not eman they are all junk.

Rob

Old 07-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if their total crap as you say why do they sell so many and have so many repete consumers such as my self and others. out of 100,000's made theirs always going to be a few lemons in anything or brand you buy. as far as the fugi 500 engine its been around along time w/ pretty good sucess. just my 2 cents

Old 07-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Range Rover

the previouse was worth more than two cents...

but the first post was crap. just my 2 cents

Old 07-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with you Stendori..........One should know some facts before posting a thread like this.......
John

Old 07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

The motor are fine it has to do with the EFI system. They are having some problem with the 500 efi models. It might be a piece made for them that ended up being bad from the part plant an they made it throught an were installed. There are alot of companys making these parts an might be a bad supplier.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

fugi 500 motors sounds like a japanese motor is it ? were is it made ? Theres no dought they have strong sales but so does ford motor company and there crap. Its just most people buy them cause everyone else does look at the honda and yamaha forums compared to polaris lot less people bitchin about stuff breakin thats real proof. Im just saying you spend 8,500 on a toy it better be able to take a beating. I didnt pay that for my truck it has lasted me 4 years and its 12 years old. I see alot more hondas and yamahas takin a beating with the people i go out with so far ive seen a can am/brp, polaris a couple times, and a arctic cat. They were better at first in ride and trail work but then mechanical probs. The cat had something with the front diff go wrong. I rode dirt bikes now im getting my own atv almost got sold on a polaris. Im not knocking polaris just truth i hear more about them then any other atv breaking read the forums. i like polaris styling and the features like i said i think they have the best in the industry i still want one. just sayin i see alot of problems with them.

oh yeah ROBD 550 miles isnt crap on a atv theres 3,500 on my buddys kawaisaki still going if you hit that write me back. all he has replaced is on it is normal like cv boots, batteries, brakes, somthing with the starter, and oil/air filter changes. nothing ever with the motor it a good atv.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hell, i can name all kind of other brand wheelers that ive work on that have broken as well while im towing them home brand new or used it doesnt matter they all break. ive seen and (personal done) beating the heck out of our polaris and yes some do break and some dont. if their mechical they will break no matter what brand it is. i like them all for the most part but i bought mine for me and only me.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

could you tell me how many milliliters of two cycle are mixed with a gallon of gas for a 40:1 mix? I bought some motul 800 for my 98 yz 125 and need some help. I would appreciate the help.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I've got over 20,000 miles on my 99 scram. Nothing major gone wrong. Pounded it hard all its life. I've went through 3 speedometers on it. Trees have taken them out so I don't have one on it any longer. And it's a 500 too. Fuel injection is new to the atv market. It may take a few years for all brands to perfect it under the conditions of mud, dust, dirt and water the computers are put through. Not to mention all the bounceing and jaring around they are put through. Be patient, Honda is has the worst service record in history, and yamaha and kawi are having stupid issues like axles and driveshafts and overheating. Everybody wants to be king and are getting in a hurry to be it And every forum has cry babies on it and say there brand is junk. Just because yours is a polaris, you are looking for the bad reports onthe polaris site. If you look enough, you will find anything.

Quick Reply: WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!