Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

Yup, that was definately a story with an ironic twist at the end. But then again that is part of nature...whales eat seals, seals eat fish, fish eat...oh well you see where I am going with this. That still doesn't diminish the fact that the Exxon Valdiz spilled her load into the water and contaminated all manner of sea life in a fragile ecosystem. I don't suppose that you think that this spill was okay? Or are you just commenting on the irony of the story? And explain to me exactly how this shows, as you put it, the ignorance & fatal flaws in the thinking of ecofeaks and tree huggers. Seems to me that these people tried their best to help clean up the mess caused by a drunken sea captain in a single hulled vessel. These people were not the ignorant ones pal...

Old 07-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

Who would think spilling that much oil in the water is ok? Silly question Sean, agreed? My point about the fatal flaws was that eco freaks and tree huggers spend too much time, focus, & money on little things that don't help. Don't you think that $500,000 could have been spent more prudently on the clean up? "Save the spotted owl" how much money was spent on that? I would rather spend the money on feeding hungry people. Eco freaks & tree huggers speak as if the animals and the environment are as, or more impotant than humans......If that isn't a fatal flaw I don't know what is.

Instead of putting spikes in trees to stop or kill workers( do you think that's ok ) from cutting down a tree........Go plant one. Most of these people I believe are nuts, and so does any other rational person. Eco freaks & tree huggers have and always will be nothing more than a punch line, and for this I am happy and can go to sleep in peace.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Very good vid's. Loved the wipe-outs on the hillclimb. Today i was drivin down a gravel road in the countryside (with my truck) that just got almost a inch of rain. I almost needed 4x4....oops i poluted the environment! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kj2053...Most of these people I believe are nuts, and so does any other rational person...
Agreed on that one, as I'm sure Sean does as well. Having said that, they are a bunch of nuts with a loud voice, able to sway people to their cause.

Have you ever been to a union meeting where there are a couple of disgruntled members, or on a union job site with a couple of disgruntled workers ?.. If a couple of those workers (and they almost invariably are) very vocal, they can cause a strike of hundreds of workers, just by running their mouths about a working condition that they believe is "horrible". The majority of workers probably have no issues, but they get caught up in the mob mentality and the situation just escalates from there. It's the same with the "eco-freaks".

I'm pretty sure that someone has already said this, but I'm going to repeat it, just for the sake of doing so ...

Just because a place is a mess when you find it, doesn't mean you have to add to the mess. Should you clean it up?? Most folks would say "hell no, I didn't create it, I ain't cleaning it" ... Imagine, if you will, if all wives took this stand and refused to clean up after their families messes, what an intolerable mess most houses would be ??? I'd probably be of the mindset to not clean up what someone else leaves behind, other than at home, since it's part of the responsibility of being in a family.

That's a fatal flaw in humanity in general .. it's everyone for themselves and to heck with everyone else ..

Anyway .. this post has blown way out of proportion; from one fellow ATV'er expressing an opinion that this video in the wrong hands could cause trouble, to him being seen as a tree-hugging eco-freak. . .

Ride responsibly ...

NLWarrior out ...

Old 07-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Range Rover

kj2053...you do seem to move around with your thoughts don't you. So now you've moved on to world hunger and spikes in trees. Obviously everybody would like to see an end to world hunger and I don't think that anyone could condone spiking a tree resulting in the death of someone. And I am glad that you feel that the spill of oil into the environment is a bad thing. But the money that the ecofreaks were using was money generated for that purpose. The responsibility for cleanup was that of the oil companies. So I don't see the problem. As for your statement that ecofreaks and treehuggers think that animals and the environment are more important than humans - can't comment cuz I don't know that this is true. What I can say though is that each time a species becomes extinct, each time an ecosystem is destroyed or each time the environment is compromised there is an effect on the earth that ultimately affects mankind in some way, shape or form. Think about the damage done to the ozone layer and the resulting effect on humans. Think about global warming, the melting of the polar icecaps and what effect that is, and will have, in the future on mankind. I could go on with examples if you need more, perhaps get into rain forest destruction and the effects from that. This is more than just digging up a bog or marsh to build a new Walmart. Look beyond yourself at the bigger picture.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

SafetySean,

I see it like this. Brazil will cut down the rain forest anyway. They hold it over the worlds head to extort $. so I say go ahead, your slowly chopping it down anyway.

On global warming - most the planets in the solar system are warming up and we don't pollute them? One good volcano in the early 90's did more to pollute the world than all us in the last 50 years. How many ice ages have we had anyway.

Agreed, most any kind of polution is bad.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

I think I'm staying right on point Sean in trying to explain why I disagree with the eco freaks & tree huggers, and why I disagree with you about the video, we hurt nothing, we destroy nothing of any consequence, period. You can give me your opinion, that's cool, but I see it as silly and so far unsubstantial.

The only thing you got on me so far is that you spell better. You really don't believe in global warming as the eco freaks present it, do you? Yup, earth is getting warmer, but like luke pointed out so are other planets, hell I for one am glad it's getting warmer I live in Wisconsin I could use a little heat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Sean, it's just a cycle buddy, 200 years from now it will probably cool down. Then again I'm just not interested. 200,000 years from now the earth will be here just like it is today Sean, I really hate to rain on your doom & gloom parade but that is a fact. I guess the only way were going to find out is for the 2 of us to hang out & see who is right.

I think I'm starting to like you Sean, not in a homo way but I like a person who likes to debate.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

kj2053...I am sure if we spent a night on the black rum (my drink of choice) you would like me even more - and no not in a homo way. At least you don't take this back & forth in a personal way. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, as will everyone else who doesn't share my opinion. I do enjoy a good debate or even argument and I have been told on many an occasion that I am a master sh*t disturber, but then while I do stand by my convictions and thoughts they are just that - mine. While others may not like what I say or agree with me that is life. I have stated many times during this thread that I am not an ecofreak or treehugger...but I am concerned with what ATV users are doing to the overall longevity of ATV use everywhere. Areas are closing and governments are placing more restrictions on their use - I don't think that anyone can argue that point. All I am saying is be responsible in your use and always keep the environment in the back of your mind when riding - don't give the people who want to shut down this sport any more ammunition then they already have.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least yall kept this topic civil!!! Some people would have been name calling and swearing and all kinds of good stuff. I am w/kj2053 here, but Sean I do respect you alot for your opinions and your determination. I dont know about the black rum, but if ever you want to drink some "choc" beer, look me up...lol.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Range Rover

What is 'choc' beer? I am assuming by its name that its not any of that watered down American beer. To be honest I am not much of a beer drinker even though the province that I come from in Canada has been named in numerous national polls as consuming more beer/alcohol & having more sex than anywhere else in Canada. Actually about the ony time I bother drinking beer is if waiting for someone to pick up a bottle of liquor or bag of ice. Other than that its dark & dirty for me - black rum & Coke. Be glad to partake though if ever in the area & of course the invitation goes right back to you and anyone else on this forum if you ever have an opportunity to visit Newfoundland. We could sit back, tell lies, have a scoff and get hammered all in the name of improving international relations between our countries.

Quick Reply: New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660