Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

Sean...here is a history...not that you asked...but this says it better than I could:

This one is about a beer called choc. It begins with a homebrew from the Choctaw Nation of Indian Territory. The story is that the Indians taught Italian immigrants, who came to work in the coal mines, how to make the beer.

Pete Prichard was one of those immigrants, traveling to the United States with his family in 1903 and starting work in the coal mines when he was 11 years old. He continued for 10 years before his leg was so badly crushed in a work accident that he could no longer work in the mines.

He then began making and selling choc beer in his home in Krebs, which is south of Tulsa. Soon he was also selling bread, sausage and cheese to those who came for the beer, and next he was cooking meals as well. Things went so well that he opened a restaurant in his home in 1925 and called it Pete's Place. He never added a separate bar, preferring to serve the beer to diners at their tables.

He continued to brew and sell choc beer until 1932, when he was arrested for brewing illegally and send to federal jail in Muskogee.

This came against the backdrop of ongoing Prohibition in Oklahoma. It was the only state to enter the nation, in 1907, officially dry. Yet in 1910, the Vinita Weekly Chieftain reported, "Prohibition in Oklahoma is the rankest farce that ever cursed a state... When there are thousands of bootleggers traveling up and down the country... When the streets of every town smell of whiskey... Prohibition in Oklahoma? Ye Gods, what a farce."

Still, when the rest of the United States ended Prohibition, Oklahoma stuck to it. The sale of beer no stronger than 3.2 percent alcohol by weight was permitted because legislators classified it as a nonintoxicating beverage. The state did not permit other (legal) alcohol sales until 1958.

Yet choc beer continued to be available at Pete's until 1981. The story goes that when Pete ran out he sold choc beer made by neighboring homebrewers. The beer surely included the traditional ingredients of water, yeast, barley and hops - but in local legend homebrewers would also toss in tobacco, fish berries, moonshine and occasionally even a barley sack.

Pete passed the chef's hat to his son, Bill Prichard, in 1964, and Bill developed a "gentleman's agreement" with legal authorities to keep selling the beer. Judges, politicians, sports stars, actors and state officials were all regulars. A front page story in Oklahoma City's Daily Oklahoman ended that in 1981.

Choc beer returned to Pete's in 1995, when the restaurant now run by Bill's son, Joe, became a brewpub. Because Oklahoma only allows brewpubs to make 3.2 beer - "strong beer" is subject to another set of laws and taxes - that's what choc beer is these days.

The original choc was probably stronger, though this is a recipe that was passed down only by word of mouth, and beer drinkers can only guess what it tasted like. Today it is best described as a cloudy pale ale, with its malt character (and sweetness) more dominant than hop bitterness despite its tame 3.2 nature.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

At least this thread is lasting longer than Sadams hunger strike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I just love to ride my atv & if I coudn't ride in the mud & water I would sell it because riding on just a trail would bore me! I really like the work that Grizz does on the vids for us and I know it was put on this site for pure viewing pleasure. Grizz will also tell you if anyone likes a good debate it's me. I'm 42 I love the USA, atv's, fast cars, own an suv, boats, porterhouse steaks, NFL-football......Oh yeah there is something about women I like.

Sean If you are ever in central Wisconsin look us up & will show you the river:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Range Rover

Okiedude...you sure know your history on that beer. I figure a Newfie would start to get a glow after a couple of dozen or so.

kj2053...here is something that we will both agree on - Saddam should not have lasted long enough to get a chance for a hunger strike. Thats one bad boy that should have been dealt with long ago! As for trails being boring, well a lot of them are but come to my backyard and I'll take you quading on some clifftop trails that I know - you will not be bored (and don't worry...I won't be trying to push you off them).

Old 07-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Does this story have a happy ending? Its like when Austin Powers and Dr.Evil join force's at the end of the last movie.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Range Rover

Hmmm, interesting, very interesting. I didn't see that movie so I can't comment on it. I thought you were stuck somewhere on a back country road...did Corb Lund come by with some canola seed and get you out?

Old 07-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Na, im back in civilization now sean where i cant harm much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

Hmmmmm, who is Dr. Evil & who is Austin Powers? I'm not the one talking about pushing someone off a cliff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. Mwaaaaaa...ooops. Yes Sadam was naughty but his boys Uday & cusay (sp?) were the bad ones.........I would like to review the tapes of the rape rooms.....You know just to take a look at the "evidence".........Ok so I'm Quasi Evil.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: kj2053
Grizz will also tell you if anyone likes a good debate it's me.
Amen to that! I gave up trying to win an argument with kj a long time ago. Arguing with him, like yoga, is a meaningless and inane exercise. Now I just sit back and enjoy the fireworks. (ie SafteySean)

Old 07-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Vid is entertaining for sure, but if that happened out here in the Sierra Nevada mountains, all those riders would have received citations for resource damage and likely forfeiture of the quad and probably a jail visit. Seriously. We have USFS LE guys that stake out public places like that and (sadly) write tickets all day long. Is this Treading Lightly!? I'm no tree-hugger and love to ride and wheel, but these types of vids only give more ammunition to the anti-access groups to justify their illogical agenda. Is this really the visual we want to send? Does it reinforce the drunken hunter/wheeler F-you stereotype? Ur not helping the cause.

Last month on the Rubicon 4x4 Trail some a$$hat on a quad was observed doing donuts in a pristime meadow. WTF? Guess who busted him? Fellow riders. The short-term pleasure of forging a new trail, making new by-passes, driving over vegetation, tearing up a meadow, not sharing the trail, littering, pooping on the ground, etc will all be a distant memory after we're all confined to OHV pay to ride parks. Tear it up now and pay later.

I for one will not stand by and watch some yahoos ruin out sport/business/hobby for their own selfish reasons. No, you cannot drive where you want. Not on my public lands. Stay on established trails or stay home. To claim boats and jet skis do the same damage is misplaced thinking-- tires churn up a lot more sediment in a shallow creek than any boat.

I used to be one of the hell may care riders until i grew up. Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition and learn why that conduct is disfavored and, here, illegal. Our OHV club is sick and tired of having our adopted trails trashed every w/e by by uneducated wheelers that don't give a $hit. Well, I do. Beer cans tossed everywhere, donuts in protected meadows, pushing over (or shooting) signs and other nonsense clearly demonstrate those types of users do not deserve to leave home. Have some pride for God sake. The anti-access wackos out number the wheeler community 10:1 and their goal is to see OHV riding areas closed. Keep up the good work and they will be.

Off soap box.

Flame on boys...

mb

BTW, the hill climb stuff is awesome!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Trailblazer

Wow it sounds like you really have some naughty riders out west......We don't have ATV riders tossing beer cans or other garbage on the trails but the trails here are mainly roads & we share them with the cars and they toss trash out the windows all winter long and then the Quad club in our area clean it up in the spring, which is nice of them. You should send some tree huggers & eco freaks after them people & the auto industry, that will learn em, and then maybe they will grow up. I don't toss trash or destroy anything so I'm not worried about it, so go get em tiger.

In the river, in the video (which we were never in, fancy computer work) you seen has soooo much pesticide in it from the local farmers that I don't think there is anything living in there anyhow. It sounds like you know alot about the rivers and pristine medows so you should get the eco freaks& tree huggers after the farmers here, I would love to sit back and watch that short battle!!

Quick Reply: New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660