Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

The eco-warriors managed to close a major part of Glamis sand dunes in CA due to an almost extinct weed, yep, a weed. They are a strong organization and can have a major impact on where we ride. Other than the weed, we go to Glamis and see trash and countless numbers of bottles(not Bud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) thrown in the sand. What are they thinking? I've heard of talk of closing Glamis due to the destructive behavior, trash, drugs, etc.
While watching Nascar today, I saw a Busch beer commercial with a quad driving through a field and a stream. The nice part was the chic with cleavage. So it was worth it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sorry about the freezer mishap, ice is on the way.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

NLWarrior,
I hope I didn't come across as someone who likes to tear up land at the expense of fun. My family has a farm and in te past we have had people ruin 100's of acres of crops for the sake of having a good time. No permission, no right to be there, and we not being able to catch them and make them pay. But if its ariding area, the epa and all the other agencies I'm sure are on top of all the parks (private and state) to ensure that no "enviromental harm" is being done. Just ask the people that are trying to open a new riding area in Great Falls, SC. They have bent over backwards to please people of that nature. What creeks and streams to and not to cross. Building very expensive bridges over areas that should not be touched. And determing what can be riden on that will not have an impact on nearby lakes, rivers and streams. Not to mentions surprise inspections. So I'm sure things are being looked after. It's easy to complain about atv's doing damage but I never seem to hear anyone talking about that 2 or 3 square mile parking lot for the new superstore that will cause more runoff from one day of rain than a few atv's will cause in years. This is my point.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

No ncrider, you didn't come off that way. I was only pointing out that Sean is not an anti-atv activist. He's merely a responsible rider who thinks before he does.

I'm glad to hear that there are places where they are putting infrastructure in to protect the environment and let atv's still have their fun ...

I'm not sure how things run in construction down there, but up here you would not beleive the amount of paper work, studies, permits etc. go into the creating of any new construction on previously untouched land. It's not simply a matter of picking a spot that looks good, making a purchase and just going in with the dozers ... and I'm sure that Sean could verify that being in the civil industry .. a contractor has to show their environmental protection plan and all that sort of thing, undergo audits etc. ... it's amazing the red tape a contractor has to untie to start building ..

Budman .. the freezer misshap wasn't about lack of ice .. was more on the frozen destruction of 12 beers I forgot to take out of the freezer ... da missus was not pleased [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
No ncrider, you didn't come off that way. I was only pointing out that Sean is not an anti-atv activist. He's merely a responsible rider who thinks before he does.

I'm glad to hear that there are places where they are putting infrastructure in to protect the environment and let atv's still have their fun ...

I'm not sure how things run in construction down there, but up here you would not beleive the amount of paper work, studies, permits etc. go into the creating of any new construction on previously untouched land. It's not simply a matter of picking a spot that looks good, making a purchase and just going in with the dozers ... and I'm sure that Sean could verify that being in the civil industry .. a contractor has to show their environmental protection plan and all that sort of thing, undergo audits etc. ... it's amazing the red tape a contractor has to untie to start building ..

Budman .. the freezer misshap wasn't about lack of ice .. was more on the frozen destruction of 12 beers I forgot to take out of the freezer ... da missus was not pleased [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
been there, done that. my condolences to the dead ones. Beer is on the way

Old 07-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

I use to like the Ca. weed too, but with age kinda' lost interest in it. I'm more pationate about other things now, like riding my Polaris. I've seen alot of wild Ca. weed in my day. I'm sure some people have a hard time staying off the weed no matter how hard they try, while others can't understand why they can't.

Now I'm not for protecting the Ca. weed, I mean it's a personal choice kind of thing. But when it starts to interfere with what I do, well then I may argue the point. If people want to ride on wild Ca. weed, I think they have right too. Last I knew we had a problem conrolling Ca. weed? What do you think Budman? Maybe they can farm the weed? I heard they do it in other places today, that's all. The wild Ca. weed will always be a hard thing to controll.

I thought the Muddin video was good too - I like it. It's just that in the hands of an over protective legislature it could be used to squelch the ATV rider, just like they're doing with wild Ca. weed!

When I was a kid, The cops expected you to live by a code, and if you did, they wouldn't bother you. Basically the code was, don't show your a$$ and we don't care what you do. Good code, and we didn't do things in thier face and they were cool and left us alone.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No more reading threads at 11 p.m. I didnt understand ANY of the last post. Sorry.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Trailblazer

Hey what's that country song/video where they are all riding there wheelers in the river? Do ya think the eco freaks jumped all over that? Hmm.........We should get Safety Sean on the case. Sick-em Sean sick-em....good boy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

As Kid Rock says, "I didn't start this mess on this planet. Stop looking at me like a bandit."

Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Range Rover

Hi boys...back again. Took Friday off to fo fishing and don't look at computer during time away from work.

Oh yea...I towed my boat to my fishing spot with my quad, as per usual. Spent a lovely day on the water, caught my limit and went home.

Its good to see that some people are getting what I have been putting out there. Yea I can come across as strong but thats it. If it gets peoples attention and gets them thinking thats good.

Grizzly...hmmm - I didn't start the mess so don't look at me like I'm a bandit. A thought like that doesn't mean that you don't try and stop the mess from getting any worse. Seems to me that anyone who may use that as an excuse to continue making a mess of the planet has a thing or two to learn about the reality of their actions.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

Forgive me if I don't get this true story just right...........This will sum-up the ignorance of any eco freaks or tree huggers & it shows the constant fatal flaws in their thinking. After the Exxon valdees(sp?) spilled oil into the Alaskan waters some tree huggers found a seal that was near death and covered with oil they got all the news outlets to cover the seals clean up and recovery that took a year & cost $500,000 large! Then to celebrate they took the seal along with a large group of our silly media on a boat to release the seal, after it's release the crowed cheered as it swam away only to see a whale swim up to it and eat it. Too funny,if it were me I would have solved the problem with a quarter.......Put a bullet in the seals head and move on!!! It was a S-E-A-L.

Quick Reply: New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660