Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

need help ebay

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help ebay

Ive had two separate people agree to pay my asking price on my SP 500 here, on a local Maine selling site called"Uncle Henrys". Both emails came from a site in the UK (United Kingdom maybe?) Anyway, I smelled fraud when they wanted personal info about me. I'm very glad you did not get taken in by this wheeler/dealer. This is a good post to remind us all of the scams out there.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

If you go thru the dispute resolution, on ebay. ..they can fix up that negitive response.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default need help ebay

DO NOT LET HIM PAY AND WAIT FOR THE CHECK TO CLEAR.

Bank processing at your bank may clear the check and then the 2nd bank bounces it days later. The first bank will renege on the clear. It happens all the time. It takes days if not weeks to clear both sides. This is the latest internet scam....we need you to process some checks and we will pay you for it. blah blah blah.

The banks can and do come back to you.

Run ....don't walk from the border.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default need help ebay

Originally posted by: 20045SP500HO
Make sure you wait at lease 8 weeks!!! The new scam is to copy a bank check ... those don't get checked from the fed ... only from the sending bank.
Just like that. A chack may clear today and come back to haunt you weeks down the road. And you will be completely responsable for returning the money, no ands ifs or buts. just my .02¢

Old 07-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default need help ebay

Some how my eBay account was hi-jacked last weekend. When I logged onto my email I had 40 questions on 5 items I was selling and few emails from EBay saying they locked my account for fraudulent auctions. At the time I wasn’t selling anything that I knew of. Apparently someone got my login and password and was trying to scam people by selling items that didn’t exist with my account. Luckily, someone reported the auctions to ebay and my account was locked. EBay sent me an email saying that my account was accessed by a third party and all the auctions where deleted and all ebay fees where refunded.

Ebay does try to protect you. It is a great place to find good deals, just be cautious when bidding and selling and protect yourself by changing your password often. I had the same username and password for 5 years.

Some of the auctions they tried to scam people with was laptop computers, Kubota Tractor and an embroidery machine. I had many questions on the tractor.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default need help ebay

Ebay is awesome...

thats not the problem there... this check scam can be done anytime by anyone...its all to do with the out of country banking, etc. People are always getting emailed by a fellow in china, who offers a job. collecting debts from canadian companies... big o wind bag story to say they had problems internationally collecting, etc... needed onshore accounts, and a signing officer to process it.

bottom line, after about 20 minutes of digging you discover this is a huge international scam, mostly from china, africa, russia, etc. Its key to working is the delay in processing out of country banking. Time the bank clears it the scammer is gone and you just cashed a load of bogus checks in your account... pay the man sucker!

Old 07-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help ebay

GT350 don't give up so quickly. You say you contacted ebay? Did you use the dispute resolution center? If so ebay will fix this. Once a dispute is started the buyer has 7 days to respond. After 7 days you can end all contact and ebay will give him an unpaid item strike and he won't be able to leave you feedback. Good or bad. If he responds to ebay you can end contact at anytime. You'll get your selling fees back and again as long as you use the dispute resolution center he won't be able to give negative feedback. I have to use this about every 2 weeks for a nonpaying bidder. I have 1 negative feedback and that was from a nonpaying bidder that hit me before I new about the dispute center. I have over 700 positive feedback. I have 2 disputes going on now.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

read this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
this guy wrote this

Thank you so much for your understanding and honesty, i will like to let you know that you do not need to worry about shipping of the item because i have contacted my shipping company that will be coming for the pickup of the item and the inspection team also.
This means the payment that will be issued and sent to you will include the (my shipper's charges and the inspection team), All you
need to do as soon as you get the payment is to cash it and decuct the price for the sales of your item and the left over will be wired via Western Union Money transfer to the (shipping company and the Inspection team ) for the home pick up from your house to my Cotonou if you are ok with this,kindly send me the below inf ormation of yours to mail out the payment

does he want me to pay for shipping i say no if that the case
Shoud i email this guy and say no deal?

Old 07-28-2006, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

by the way i wrote him no deal since
he did not email about his 0 feedback
how do i avoid this in the future?

Old 07-28-2006, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

Just so you feel better this fits the scam framework just right. I've seen it a hundred times. I'll pay you for the bike or Fill in the blank and pre-pay you for the shipping... All you have to do is hand the shipping CO a bunch of cash and the deal is done... Good catch. I've found it very effective to refer these types of folks to paypal and only use it from online transactions. If you tell the buyer that you only use paypal after they approach you if there ligit they will do what they need to to make the deal happen. I personally send paypal invoices to all of my customers even though there is a small fee involved. It's like paying for collision insurance you know one day you may need it.

Quick Reply: need help ebay