Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

need help ebay

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help ebay

my yamaha warrior just sold on ebay and here what he emailed me
and he is from PUERTO RICO! i said no outside us sales what do i ?!
and he wants pay in check i said no and i said for people with low feedback to email first
I smell somthing wroung need help plz

Old 07-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default need help ebay

email him w/ the details again it should be on the winning bid forum that ebay sends you. tell him this is what was to be part of the sale which he didnt read by the sounds. if that doesnt work contact ebay directly and they will help you and not charge you w/ the sales fees. if it was me i would contact them anyways. protect your a.. just my 2 cents

Old 07-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help ebay

Contact Ebay first then contact the bidder .You dont HAVE to sell it if he doesnt meet your info.Whats he going to do?Leave you neg feedback?

Old 07-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help ebay

I really don't understand what the problem is. He's willing to pay, Although with a check. Deposit the check and wait until it clears. Were you going to ship this 4 wheeler? If so then it won't be much different than in the U.S. It will cost him more to ship. But PR is part of the U.S now. If he is going to pick it up then make sure he brings cash.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

Agreed. Let him pay FIRST, and wait for the check to clear, then ship.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

Make sure you wait at lease 8 weeks!!! The new scam is to copy a bank check ... those don't get checked from the fed ... only from the sending bank.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

funny thing i just found out he joined ebay less the 12 hours after i put the atv for aution

Old 07-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default need help ebay

this sounds like a scam and smells like a scam. this so called bidder violated the terms you set forth. you are not obligated to sell him jack. i wouldnt except anything but cash or a bank check drawn on a United States of America bank. then and only then i would wait the 8 weeks previoulsy mentioned to triplecheck the bank check was not a fraud. even if by some remote chance this is valid, the worse they can do is leave you negative feed back and then you have the ability through e-bay to work that out.

i also just tried to sell my quad on e-bay. it was an 06 predator 500 tld. it didnt come close to the reserve set out. my auction ended today at noonish and within a hour or so i get a e-mail from some yahoo out of germany offering to sell me the quad at the high bid price listed. my quad was in my friends name, but some how this clown e-mails me. how nice of this idiot to want to sell me the quad. my e-mail was listed as the contact person because i would have all the knowledge on the bike.

my advice.....as the old saying goes.....if it sounds to good to be true...you know the rest.

i would also report this to e-bay as a possble fraud.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

Originally posted by: gt350tsc
funny thing i just found out he joined ebay less the 12 hours after i put the atv for aution
<u>RUN MAN RUN</u>.. If this was me, no way in he double hockey sticks would I ever take the offer. I smell scam as well. 12 hours joined and wants to pay in check. Tell him to send cash VIA Fed EX.. Betcha he wont bite.

Just like 20045SP500HO said The new scam is to copy a bank check ... those don't get checked from the fed ... only from the sending bank. The check turns out to be a fraud and guess what.. You lost your quad and have to repay the bank for the frauded check.

My 2 cents.. I would be killing that auction. Protect your a**. I am even nervous reading what you wrote..

Thats my 2 cents.. Coming from a ebayer with a FB of 180+ and 100% positive.. Never been burned yet, come very close but never burned.

Good luck man.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

well i guess there goes my 100% postive feed back not sure about that. i told ebay about my problem and
i am waiting for them to email me back. i want to sell this warrior and get a polaris trail blazer for my self
when my dad rides the sportsmen. but i guess things just cant work for me. also i was planing on buying this
compact IH case diesel tractor but oh well maby next time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: need help ebay