Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help ebay

Originally posted by: gt350tsc
read this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
this guy wrote this

Thank you so much for your understanding and honesty, i will like to let you know that you do not need to worry about shipping of the item because i have contacted my shipping company that will be coming for the pickup of the item and the inspection team also.
This means the payment that will be issued and sent to you will include the (my shipper's charges and the inspection team), All you
need to do as soon as you get the payment is to cash it and decuct the price for the sales of your item and the left over will be wired via Western Union Money transfer to the (shipping company and the Inspection team ) for the home pick up from your house to my Cotonou if you are ok with this,kindly send me the below inf ormation of yours to mail out the payment

does he want me to pay for shipping i say no if that the case
Shoud i email this guy and say no deal?
That message is almost word for word as compared to the two I received through a different, non ebay ad I have listed. This is how it works. You get your cash and they get their shipping charges, (Probably a good amount). In two or three weeks, your bank charges you the full amount and you are stuck eating all the charges. DONT DO IT!!!!

Text

Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default need help ebay

do not do this. it is A SCAM....SCAM....SCAM.....

my buddy e-bayed his car and got a message with basically the same language as you just got. it included the shipping charge arrangement and was to be shipped overseas to a african nation. well my buddy didnt say anything to anyone, he went for it hook line and sinker. went for the whole western union crap and all. the "shipping" company didnt show up, but the BANK called and said can we talk to you.

bottom line......he still has the car, he had to take out a loan from the bank to cover all costs involved and is still paying for the whole transaction.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

Has anyone ever heard of them paying with a credit card using Paypal and it dtll beinga scam?

Old 07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default need help ebay

i ididnt read all of them but i know ( i think anyways) if you use paypal you have some pertection against bad deals i beleave. i wouldnt personally buy or sell a big item on ebay unless it was pick up only and cash or moneyorder in hand.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default need help ebay

DO NOT COMPLETE THIS TRANSACTION How the scam works is you deposit the check in your bank , they tell you its cleared so you go on and Western Union the money to the third party shipper/inspector which is the same guy that contacted you to buy the atv. He gets your cash through Western Union which cannot be recovered and you find out the clearing house bank rejects the check as it is a fraud and your bank comes after you for the full amount. He has no interest in the atv only in the Western Union money for the Shipping/inspector service
Good luck

Old 07-30-2006, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

UPDATE buyer left ebay and is gone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
still have my atv and should i try selling again?
Also should I do a unpaid item report?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default need help ebay

I think I would forget about E-bay and look into a classified such as Want-Ad or CraigsList if you have them where you live, around my area (MA) you can co online to craigslist and reach quite a local market. If you go back to E-bay you will be harrassed by those morons again, I love e-bay but for large ticket items such as ATV's there seems to be many scams going on.
Good luck
gdc

Old 07-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Range Rover
Default need help ebay

Originally posted by: gdc23
I think I would forget about E-bay and look into a classified such as Want-Ad or CraigsList if you have them where you live, around my area (MA) you can co online to craigslist and reach quite a local market. If you go back to E-bay you will be harrassed by those morons again, I love e-bay but for large ticket items such as ATV's there seems to be many scams going on.
Good luck
gdc
You would think that going with a local advertisement would eliminate this problem. BUT, it doesnt, as I mentioned in this post previously. Ive had TWO of these scams, (Almost identical to your's), in a local, (Uncle Henry's) on-line and paper magazine advertiser. Where are these scammers getting all the local exposure????? Its scary that a person cant even trust a bank check.......and sad too....

Old 07-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default need help ebay

i sold my 4wheeler on ebay and it was easy but i had local pickup only and paypal depoist and cash on delvery

Old 07-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default need help ebay

Originally posted by: gt350tsc
UPDATE buyer left ebay and is gone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
still have my atv and should i try selling again?
Also should I do a unpaid item report?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Do the dispute resolution...they will take care of you.
If you go ebay on vehicle sale again...do only local pick up, and either cash or money order from the post office.
It seems to me, you can exclude certain types of buyers from bidding. (American only, 10 feedbacks or more and so on). Look into that.
Bottom line, if cash isnt in hand...the bike doesnt leave. And no checks...ive been burned on checks before, and theres no posible way to collect, if the check writer doesnt want to pay.

Quick Reply: need help ebay