Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stolen atv

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen atv

it would be nice to put a tracking device on your quad.

Old 07-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen atv

Originally posted by: crashby
it would be nice to put a tracking device on your quad.
The oly problem with that is....your quad might comeback beat up...but at least it would put an end to future problems once word got out to all the local crackheads...LOL

Old 07-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Stolen atv

Here, Here -

Man, we gotta find out about this Lo-Jack thing for
ATV's. Down here in the Baltimore-DC area I have
heard about some theft stories as far people jacking ya
stealing your vehicle with trailer, ATV and all. Even
some about people waving ya down roadside like they need help
and then pops out several dudes to jack ya.

The problem is I have heard this from several people
in my area. I share this story with you to put another
spin on ATV theft and how far these crack heads will
go. I don't want to believe it, but I am not that Nieve
to know it doesn't happen. My wife and I will NOT ride
together alone anywhere except on my in-laws private
property or other private land we know. When comes to
these public ATV riding parks/areas, I will have a good group with me.

I guess you guys in Canada, MN, WS and remote areas like
that have no worries about these sorts of things?

R'

Old 07-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stolen atv

Originally posted by: RticKwad
I guess you guys in Canada, MN, WS and remote areas like
that have no worries about these sorts of things?

R'
No we dont have to worry about things like that, but I usaully carry a pistol when I ride in the "mountains"

Old 07-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen atv

Originally posted by: N.Y.scrambler
Heading out bright and early, notice the barn door is halfway open. I ask my son ..how come you left the door open. He says "wasn't me" . A quick look inside, nothing but a bare spot where my sons wheeler used to be. (trailblazer). Talk about feeling violated. I felt so bad for him. Must have been some stupid kids cause they left my 700 alone. Everything else was still there... tractor, tools, riding boots , helmets. All kinds of stuff you put in a barn. I'm still so disgusted it's hard to type this. I guess I am just venting by writing this but my advice to all you fellow riders is to take the extra couple of minutes and secure your stuff. I know its a pain... Thankfully I have insurance....but what I would'nt give to get my hands on em for just 2 minutes. (dont these fools know we have guns)...sorry...venting some more. Take care all. Bob
If they ever catch them, send them on down here so we can slap'em around for a couple of minutes too. After that we'll lynch'em, then we'll shoot'em, then we'll hang'em, and then we'll really get rough with'em. We ain't got no use for thieves, specially them ATV roguing type.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen atv

other thing to consider is how did they know re ATV before they GOT to barn - so you have to assume its a local deal possibly someone you know, or from some "club" etc you have been to

Old 07-31-2006, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default Stolen atv

Your replies have been right on. Since the break in I have chained my 700, put a deadbolt and a padlock on the barn, parked my truck accross the barn door, and closed a gate thats half way up the driveway. There are also motion sensor spotlights on the barn. (those were put in earlier by me :-( ....) I too believe it was some local scumbag. I just got to remember that its just a material thing. and lifes too short. But its HARD !!!! I guess I will be over it in about......I dont know.....a couple years...lol. Take care all....thanks for the support. Bob

Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default Stolen atv

Sad news pal...

I hate a #$^$%&$%^& theif. Off with the hands, and bust a knee cap.

Most fellows who swipe a bike are a little stupid and will do and say dumb things after they grab it.

Someone around you took that bike.. they either knew you had it, where it was kept or were stalking you from an advantage point to view your gear without you seeing them.

Look around your property like you were going to swipe something, is there any spot that gives this advantage? might be some clues left around if there was...

beyond that, a few posts in a buy and sell mag, or a new group and you might find the idiot trying to off load it....aside from that, look for part shops selling new plastics....also
keep an ear to the ground around your kids buddies..... one of them will hear of it, if someone in the so called friend circle nipped it. Around here we can list it with crime stoppers and they will run adds on the local add chanels, and radio etc....

One more thing...... get rid of the dogs.... cracky muts....typical won't do a dang thing when required. Nothin like a LAB. or a GS. one good as s bite and your thief would have left the ride for sure.

hope your criminal hits a wall ...

cheers

Old 07-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Stolen atv

Originally posted by: Fireslayer
Originally posted by: N.Y.scrambler
Heading out bright and early, notice the barn door is halfway open. I ask my son ..how come you left the door open. He says "wasn't me" . A quick look inside, nothing but a bare spot where my sons wheeler used to be. (trailblazer). Talk about feeling violated. I felt so bad for him. Must have been some stupid kids cause they left my 700 alone. Everything else was still there... tractor, tools, riding boots , helmets. All kinds of stuff you put in a barn. I'm still so disgusted it's hard to type this. I guess I am just venting by writing this but my advice to all you fellow riders is to take the extra couple of minutes and secure your stuff. I know its a pain... Thankfully I have insurance....but what I would'nt give to get my hands on em for just 2 minutes. (dont these fools know we have guns)...sorry...venting some more. Take care all. Bob
If they ever catch them, send them on down here so we can slap'em around for a couple of minutes too. After that we'll lynch'em, then we'll shoot'em, then we'll hang'em, and then we'll really get rough with'em. We ain't got no use for thieves, specially them ATV roguing type.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]