Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's

Originally posted by: scramblered
sound like a wet dream to me,where did you see that?
an outlaw with irs with a ktm 525 motor in it sound all wrong to me,more weight,less sporty and a waste
of handling,my 2 cents...
Scramblered: I'm sorry you didn't like the way the Outlaw handled when you rode it, but your one of very few. And if you read the whole thing I wrote, it's actually less weight.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: squeege

Are you sure they arn't selling alot of quads? I was told they had to switch registration from every year to every 2 years cause the couldn't keep up with the pace? Selling like hotcakes out here! I had to show up 1/2 hr early just to get mine....after getting pissed and leaving other dealers who were to busy
No, they are still selling a bunch of quads. But the market just isn't growing. You may live in an area that is very popular for ATV's, but other parts of the country it's slower. Too bad the ATV industry isn't as big as the car industry... Then we might see different models for different markets!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

well if the market wasnt growing then the Polaris stock prices wouldent be going up like they are. i mean, there has to be growth somewere, look at how big the DC Jeep and LR Defender markets are, and they're still growing like a mad man. hell im a introductory member to the world of Jeep [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

its not getting smaller, its not staying the same, it IS growing, just fairly moderate.

on a side note, i looked at the colored exploded picture of the Outlaw 525 and it looks to be like alot of Cast Aluminum suspension parts, along with them being quite a bit larger than last years parts. it looks like the only thing steel on teh bike is the frame. woooo 61 horsepower!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: spyder6
well if the market wasnt growing then the Polaris stock prices wouldent be going up like they are. i mean, there has to be growth somewere
Which stock prices have you been watching.... We're hovering just above the 52 week low! Now's the time to buy though, it will go back up!

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
so you are trying to tell me...a 525 with IRS is as light as the 700 raptor....and the pred is still the same weight?
Unfortunately for Predator owners, yes that's correct. Right now nobody is giving the Outlaw a fair chance. Everyone that buys them loves them! However, most people aren't smart enough to form their own opinions and they just follow the crowd... The crowd says IRS will never work on a sport quad and that it's a waste of engineering, parts, and weight. I think Polaris is trying to force people into the Outlaw so that it's true colors will show. Then I'm sure the Predator will get updated as well.

One of my parts supplier reps races cross country and is adamant that the Outlaw is too heavy and will never work racing in the woods. He says they have never won a race yet, and never will. Well, if you follow GNCC, the Outlaw has actually won some races. Not every race... but it's making headway. The point is, most people are so busy complaining about what they don't know about that they are missing the real world. I mean, how many people on this forum that complain about the Outlaw have actually ridden them? I'm not saying the Outlaw is for EVERYONE, some people will obviously not need/want IRS. But the problem is that no one will even give it a fair chance.

It's no different than 10 years ago the utility market. The Sportsman 500 was too complex, and a waste of engineering and too heavy. Now it's the best selling ATV made regardless of manufacture and has a great reputation for it's market. It takes time... But I'm confident the Outlaw, or some variation of it, will be the new standard in design over the next few years. It will take some time...but it will get there.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

polaris stock is up 62 cents this morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

I do like the Stealth color and glad they went to a Sagebrush green.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well everyone was speculating about pol lightening the spt and the "deluxe" model is 807 lbs on the 800. Comes with a winch so there is some weight but obviously the adc ADDS more weight. How is this adc supposed to work???? What about the steering under lock conditions how was that addressed? To get the features that came standard on the 800 last year and in 05 it looks like you will have to get the deluxe with the winch and adc with a HUGE msrp and limited colors. I think Polaris missed the mark on this one. Sad deal.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

Deluxe model 802 lbs not 807---cant read cant type---but to go on the 800 x2 deluxe is also 802 what the????

Old 07-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

I did notice the Pheonix got a 30mm Mikuni in '07. I wonder if they are left overs from the Trailblazers. lol I also wonder if it's gonna pep them up or not.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

802LBS on the 800 X2 is light! My 500 X2 is 798lbs.

Quick Reply: It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's