Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

R.I.P. Nemesis... Read if you've been following... The final chapter

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R.I.P. Nemesis... Read if you've been following... The final chapter

Hey guys,

Well the Nemesis will no longer be in my stables and i'm not sure if i should be happy or not. All i know for sure, is that my hip hurts and i've still got a bump on my chin. Labor Day weekend we took my Pred and my buddy's 'Law up north to baldwin. We were running down a tight, unfamilliar trail and there was a hill which was all wooped out. As i got towards the top of it i noticed a woop at the top which had a good lip on it so i started building speed. I was already air borne when i realized that the trail turned at the top of the hill. When i landed, my right side tires were in the soft stuff and they pulled me off the trail and into a tree. I seperated from the machine and flew into a different tree, landing on a stump on my right hip (the bone is bruised pretty bad) Somewhere between leaving the predator and laying on the ground afterwards, i took a good hit to my chin also.

The good side: The nemesis is TOTALLED! good ridence. I'm getting $5700 back for it too, which is more than i could have ever got selling it.

The moral: NEVER ride alone or without proper gear. I could have been a lot worse off. I got lucky this time, but my chest protector and helmet definately played a role. WEAR YOU'RE GEAR!

Just thought i'd share the story with you guys and let you know that after spending some more time on the outlaw, i'm goind to reserve a 525 one soon. Anyone know when those hit the floor? thanks!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Lets see....unfamiliar hill and you go for it not knowing what could possibly be on the other side. Good luck with the faster atv bro!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

glad that you got hte $5700 for your quad! like a painfull blessing in disguise.

as far as the 525's... March

P.S. if you were able to salvage any parts off your bike, id take your rath header! i'll pay for shipping!

Old 09-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so how long b4 you mod the 525?? lol.be safe and stay alive. someone above was watching over you on that one.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

actually gary, i'm a pretty damn good rider and have been riding for about 15 years... it was a stupid mistake i'll admit, but it had nothing to do with an inability to handle the predator's speed. A momentary lapse in judgement which will not be repeated...

I'd give you the header spyder [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but my friend w/ the TLD is probably gonna get it... That is unless i need it again... see, here's what's gonna happen:

I can't just not ride until march. The real season is just about to start for me and my group (Starts when the crops get cut, we're all farm boys.) Some of us have MX tracks in the fields behind our houses, and the Scrammer will kill me if i try to race w/ those guys on it. Therefor i'm looking for a use replacement machine to operate until march. Right now my options are: '04ish Pred or '02-'03 Cannondale FX400 or Cannibal. The cannondales are REALLY cheap right now since no one thinks you can get parts for them... Basically i need something in the $2k-3k range that i can not lose a lot on when i re-sell it in March...

Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

buy my raptor for 3500...

Old 09-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScramblerXLE
actually gary, i'm a pretty damn good rider and have been riding for about 15 years... it was a stupid mistake i'll admit, but it had nothing to do with an inability to handle the predator's speed. A momentary lapse in judgement which will not be repeated...

I'd give you the header spyder [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but my friend w/ the TLD is probably gonna get it... That is unless i need it again... see, here's what's gonna happen:

I can't just not ride until march. The real season is just about to start for me and my group (Starts when the crops get cut, we're all farm boys.) Some of us have MX tracks in the fields behind our houses, and the Scrammer will kill me if i try to race w/ those guys on it. Therefor i'm looking for a use replacement machine to operate until march. Right now my options are: '04ish Pred or '02-'03 Cannondale FX400 or Cannibal. The cannondales are REALLY cheap right now since no one thinks you can get parts for them... Basically i need something in the $2k-3k range that i can not lose a lot on when i re-sell it in March...
i see how it is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 09-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6
Originally posted by: ScramblerXLE

i see how it is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I got a TLD...can i be you new best friend?