Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

WHAT DO YOU WEAR RIDING????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WHAT DO YOU WEAR RIDING????

I posted this under the utility form and only had one reply. I want something to wear too stay dry and warm.(FOR THE WIFE)LOL. I looked around and found only gear for one or the other. The temp right now are near 32 F or 0 C in the morning and warm up during the day. The frost will be here in the next week or so... and you can get frost rain and nice sunny afternoon all in one day here. Just wanted to post this on the Polaris form to get some replies...hope you guys don't mind...It really has nothin to do with Polaris does it!!!!!!!!!!THANKS.....caper............

Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I don't ride in the rain but the cold doesn't bother me. I usually wear thermal underwear under blue jeans and a sweatshirt under a military ECWS field jacket. It's getting pretty chilly at night here as well, and by this time next month we'll have snow on the ground I'm sure.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Trailblazer

goretex over fleece up top, on legs jeans/brush pants. depends if i'm getting off the bike and walking around, also my ride has some mods to help in cold weather.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 02:29 AM
Range Rover

come to Glamis, CA next weekend. Shorts, boots, tank-top and sunscreen will keep you dry... but sand is a diffent issue!

Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

When ridding when its cold and in the dead of winter my best bet would be going with thermal underwear and just putting layers on. If your moving around alot then less but if you get wet or cold i reccomend changing and warming up cause phnenuea isn't fun.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

I like to wear a pink thong, flip flops and nipple clamps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

When I ride in the wet and cold, I wear: long johns, jeans, 2-3 shirts , a good coat and then top off with hip boots oil skin bibs, and an oil skin jacket. -- chest waders also work good
It can be a little bulky at times but you get used to it. But when the day is over, I take off the oil skins, and Im CLEAN AND DRY.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I usually ride in full "moto" gear....but come winter, and just riding around in the cold......I'd go with snowmobile gear....made to keep the wind off you(which is actually half the battle)......and also will keep you dry........which is warm.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Summer- Light long Sleeved shirt, blue jeans (long sleeved because of the wyoming sun)
Cool Temp- Hooded Swearshirt, Blue Jeans
Winter- Carhartt Coveralls, carhartt coat

Old 09-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Fan of the Carhartt stuff myself.

Jeans, heavy boots and a T-Shirt. I bring a flannel along too just in case.

What has been a problem for me is my glasses. Anybody here by chance wear glasses and ride? I have been meaning to pick up some goggles and thought that they might be a problem for me with the glasses. I'm blind as a bat so I have to wear them.

Quick Reply: WHAT DO YOU WEAR RIDING????