Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Do you think that by using KTM engines Polaris will gain some credibility with their sport lineup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006 | 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Do you think that by using KTM engines Polaris will gain some credibility with their sport lineup?

Originally posted by: Fastestdad
i'd still like to know why a pred has to weigh so much more than the other bikes. It has a power plant thats competitive now. I think the KTM will help quite a bit with weight alone and the power is gonna help too.
A predator really doesnt weigh that much more than any of the 400 class quads. You take away the douglas wheels and razer tires and the heavy duty axle and it would probally come in closer to them. The rest of the extra weight mainly comes from a somewhat heavy engine.

Old 09-24-2006 | 10:59 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Do you think that by using KTM engines Polaris will gain some credibility with their sport lineup?

4Fitty, are you saying the predator is "second rate" because of its quality or performance?

Old 09-24-2006 | 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

To answer the initial question you would have to agree that the Predator is second rate or slow, it is neither, my LE Pred is bad ***, plain and simple.

Old 09-27-2006 | 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

well ktm builds great motors very reliable best power in almost every class. but polaris is fine to the are not treated by the press fairly. especially in the early years. sure they had some maintenance problems but they revoulutionized the industry. first of all dirt wheels and every other mag took 15 years to give the polaris all-wheel drive system credit it deserves, even if they still don't understand how it works. meanwhile they always liked honda, who took 15 years to build something comparable to a 1991 trail boss 350 4x4 in terms of performance and ride quality but still didn't give it 4x4 aside from that sticker on the side that doesn't mean anything. I just hope ktm will let them use their awesome 950 vtwin motorcyle engine in a quad. imagine 98 hp 4x4 quad. look out outlander.