Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Teaching the Wife!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teaching the Wife!!

Allright so this weekend i took the wife to the graval beds to let her get an idea of how the quad feels, the graval beds have alot of good flat spots for her to practice on. I mean she is about 5'2 130 pounds and she is realy struggling to turn it. She says it feels like it is pulling but i think she is crazy because i don't notice anything like that and goes perfectly stright without my hands on the bars. So any way to the story we were just puting along down this gravel road big enough for a big tractor or any truck you can think of. To the sides, it droped off pretty good and as we were going she just started to veer to the left hard, next thing I now were on the side of the hill and was just about to tip. I jumped and off to the side holding the handle bars to balance the bike out and let her get off. I carefully balanced off the side and got it back up the hill. LOL damn did she scare the shizzznit out of me, we were just putting along enjoying the nice day, then that happened. I mean i don't find it hard to steer this machine and it never pulls. I think she should be plenty strong considering she works with the handi cap and is constantly picking them up and moving them around and they are very heavy. So im done rambling just had to tell you guys about the first ride with the wife and she definatly got my heart pumpin thats for sure. Mabye its just to big of a machine for her but i thought it wouldn't be to bad, some more practice and time and hopfully she will start to get the hang of it. Hopefully she doesn't injure or kill the two of us in the process lolol j/k. P.S. She is blonde to so i guess she has that against her allready.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

My wife has no problem steering her Scrammy. In fact that is one of her favorite things about the Scrammy compared to other quads she has ridden the steering on the Scrammy feels real light. Ours will pull to one side or the other if you disengage the four wheel drive and one hub stays locked. Try riding in reverse for a short distance to release it.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Practice make Perfect.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer

Ya for sure, as of today the quad is in the shop for the 4x4 and a clunk noise. So it will be all nice and fixed in a bit for free to, thats the best part.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Could always be worse, glad everything is okay.
I didn't know about 4 wheel lock thing, driving
in reverse to disengage. Does this happen to
Sportsman models? Sometime ago it seemed
like my bike kept pulling, I thought it was cause of
my tire, I then fixed but it was a weird thing.

R'

Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, my 03 SP400 will have one wheel stay engaged. It pulls like a beeotch. REverse and go.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

My wife is 5'4 130# and rides a sp700 no problemos. Mabey your wife isn't really into the wheelin thing so she is going to make you think she cant handle it.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

you know what......the best thing you can do for you and the well being of the wife is for both of you guys at the same time enroll and take the atv safety certification course together...................that'll enlighten her and probably you also in many aspects of atv enjoyment.....riding..................dude man things can go wrong very very very very quick on an atv...................you'll enjoy the course alot...............make it a family thing.................

Old 09-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speeddrive1
My wife is 5'4 130# and rides a sp700 no problemos. Mabey your wife isn't really into the wheelin thing so she is going to make you think she cant handle it.
That's what I was going to say. How many times have you screwed something up so the wife won't make you do it again. I helped my wife with the laundry a few times, folded extra messy and even shrunk a few sweaters. I'm prohibited from doing anything but carrying it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may need to trade bikes.My with hates the steering on any 4x4 and hated the raw power of my old 400 Scrambler.She now has a 2003 330 Trailboss and loves it.Easy to steer and just right on the power.

Quick Reply: Teaching the Wife!!