Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

List, items needed to carry on trail rides?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List, items needed to carry on trail rides?

I carry a hand air pump, what do you need a compressor for, your not pumping up a car tire lol, look at my pics and I have 2 chairs, 2 fishing poles, a little tackle box, survival and first aid kit with solar blanket,military shovel, cooking grate, set of camping pot,pan, coffee pot, 4 coffee cups,4 plates, silverware, flashlight, 1 can of fix a flat,the hand air pump, tow strap, extra ty down straps,fire starters, in the front box on the bike, the back drop rack carries my tent and sleeping bags and little tool box, the green milk case carries 2 little gas cans xtra oil and anti-freeze, now thats what you call ready for the trails over night lol

Old 06-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

A normal Cell phone is usually good enough. No need for a sat phone. Of course, it does have problems if you wind up in an area of limited or no service. In certain areas a pistol, as mentioned above, is nice to have. Just to be safe. Did anyone mention spare tire in case you entirely thrash the first one?

Old 06-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

sry no room for 1 lol

Old 06-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife's Sportsman will never leave home without "Toilet Paper" that is put in a Zip-loc bag...............................I guess that list you have is just for guys...LOL...LOL....Caper.......

Old 06-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

BEER, BEER and more BEER LOL Why isn't that on anyones list???? Just kidding, always drink responsibly LOL But why else does Polaris put a cooler with drain holes on the front of the bike LOL

Old 06-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Map and compass are helpful escpecially out West where the trails go on for hundreds of miles. If you have to take 'em it's a good idea to bring any medications that you might need for at least a day beyond your intended trip time. If I wanted to pare it down to must haves this is the order for survival: Water, water, water, high energy foods, (especially if you are, like me, a diabetic) matches, large heavy duty trash bags can be used for raincoat, shelter, ground moisture barrier, and can be used to catch rain, and rope. And, unlike the gent on Man vs. Wild on Discover Channel, do your best to avoid immersing yourself in cold water if you are trying to get back to civilization. Hypothermia is one of the number 1 killers of people in the wild. But, honestly, #1 on any list should be drive with your buddies. Try not to go out alone if you can help it. Just a wandering Moose's observations.