Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

True MV test results

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True MV test results

First descent trail ride gave me about 8.5 MPG! I think that is pretty good considering I have the orange spring in the clutch. I got about 10 MPG with the lighter 760 fuel injection that I gladly got rid of. Now THIS is a quad. I am so happy, even though I broke a CV(my fault) I was grinning ear to ear all day long. I rode this thing like nobody else I know would try! I railed through the trails as fast as I possible could. The Grizz was hanging with me very easily.(much more nimble quad), but nobody else was in sight until we stopped to let them catch up. This is a mans quad. I abused the crap out of it, and it still wanted more. The CV was my fault, I was against the stop on a bind and tried to baby it to turn it around in a hole. No problem 4-Gorilla's are on there way. We were going so hard I had, 2 front tires pop off of the rims from hitting mud ruts. I bent a tie rod on the second, I don't care! I had fun, the things that broke were all driver error. That 800 was a piece of crap that would NEVER take this abuse. For all that have claimed that I MUST have been abusing the 800, for it to break, you make me sick. This is the quality that $8,500 should get you. Now this trip was all about riding hard, and seeing who has the stuff! I share the crown with FITSofRAGE. We rode hard and now, I am dropping another $1400 into the quad to get it ready and make her better! This is the kind of ATVing I've been missing, I wish I got this MV last year. He had it, I just wanted the biggest,baddest and bragging rights. Turns out, I have them NOW! Sure there are guys here with better stuff, I am talking about stock vs stock, my 800 was a piece a of crap. Something was wrong with the serial number, it didn't work![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] This IS the Polaris utility flagship quad!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

its nice to hear these good things

Old 11-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ya know instigater, your MV700 is made out of all the same parts the 800 is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

I know, makes you wonder why one holds up better than the other, must be the S/N thing!. My experience brings me to the conclusion of above said message! I enjoy riding now, where I couldn't with the 800. I am sure all 800's aren't trash. Mine was. Now I can ride! Seems that this one will allow it!

Old 11-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ironicly, your MV parts should be under considerably more stress considering how much more the MV's curb weight is over the 800.

i still think you got a lemon

Old 11-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hopefully you mean HAD a lemon. LOL I think that may be the case, but a bad taste in your mouth is something that is hard to get rid of! Lemons have a bad taste![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah right! lemons are awesome! they taste amazing, just a bit sour [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

like me!

Old 11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hopefully you have a little better luck w/ this one than the 800 when you get a bunch of miles on her. i think you just got a bad 800 as alot of ours are still doing good.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

yep hes right. this is the first time in a long time ive seen him have fun.. our hatfield trip was a bummer for him. he did not even get to ride his 800 over like 20 miles. he had lots of issues. and yes it was probably a lemon. that happens. but its nice to see you finally have fun riding. and that is one dozer of a quad. just right for big 300 lb gys like himself to rip around. id say you could not go wrong with this one. especially if you want a polaris. if i was to go right now and buy a polaris. id have to get a mv.. just from what i saw instigater put it thru.. the best part was seeing him smile for once.. now we can go ride thru the worst of conditions. the fun stuff. and stay together and get back home. so yes im happy for you the instigater. hope that big smile stays there. now we just need more riding.. once a month for u is just not enough. but ill be thinking of you when im riding. so keep them zillas mudding. until the next time...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]