Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler belt slipping (help)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler belt slipping (help)

I have a 01 scram 2wd that its drive belt or clutch started slipping badly today.. Its been very wet and we rode it thru some big puddles quickly and got all wet. I assume this has caused this problem and I'm curious is it going to be fine in a day or two? Or should I be looking to replace/upgrade the clutch or belt?

Thank you!
Paul

Old 11-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

pull the clutch houseing and check for water/dirt. you probably killed the belt. super easy fix. sometimes if you run your fingers along the belt you can feel an hourglass shape---that means your belt is dead

Old 11-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Range Rover

I have an 05 Scrammy 4x4 and if I hit a puddle deeper than my floorboards my belt will start to slip almost instantly. I don't know if it's a common problem with the Scrammy's or not but I just try to stay out of the puddles. If it does start to slip I just pull off the side of the trail and take a break for 15 minutes or so and it will be fine. You would think they would have a better seal on that cover. I wish it wouldn't do that as I like to get muddy sometimes.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

replace your seals on the cover .............

Old 03-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

how much is it to replace the seals on the cover....i havent replaces my belt in a while and i am putting in a new clutch kit and pipe would this be a good idea to replace my belt and which one should i get the oem belt? Thank you

Old 03-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my seal for my 800 was like $16.00 i think.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

are you sure that some water mist isn't getting in through the belt housing vent up top

on the trails one time, a guy on the trails mentioned once to put something over over that vent, he said he uses ladies panty hose, seriously, kinda makes sense I guess but I haven't tried it...yet

Trending Topics

Old 03-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

better check the back seal as well when you have it off.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

i also had a problem going tthrough puddles on my 05 scrambler. i changed all the cover gaskets and that wasn't the problem. i took off the front plastics and found the intake and the exhaust for the pvt very suseptable to water splashing into them. so i went to home depot and got a piece of vacum cleaner hose and snorkeled the intake up under the hood. and bought some pvc pipe and reshaped the exhaust a little so the water wouldn't splash in. i have had it like this for a year now and haven't had anymore water problems. i was a little concerned with the belt overheating. i pulled off the cover and there were no signs of overheating. it is soooo much nicer not having to slow waaaay down to go threw little puddles or have to pull over and let the belt dry. hope this helps.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

i herd a few people say to do wha t67cam did but never had pic of it done o think i might do it now that i makes centz to me now cuz i have the sam problem

Quick Reply: Scrambler belt slipping (help)