Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Gorilla's givin me fits!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Gorilla's givin me fits!

It is not so much a fact of "GET MY PARTS NOW" so I can wait until Dec 9th to ride. I have the thing tore down, in my way, I thought that it was going to be a few hours. Not a few days. I can not use an ATV jack like non MV quads can! I just sold it to my brother , because it will not reach to the middle of the quad. The steel footwells are keeping the jack from getting in far enough! If it were a normal atv, I would simply push it into the corner until next week! Not to mention, no test rides for the out of town family visitors!

I realized that I didn't put my age when I was already outside raking leaves(dang yard work). Wasn't trying to avoid the question, 32!

How did I manage the shipping thing? That is customer service. I bought a top of the line product and it doesn't fit? Maybe nobodys fault, but I should not wait another 5-6 days for something that I had no control over. A respectable company understands that and makes it right with the consumer. They need people like us more than we need their axles. Whatever happened to the customers are always first? I have spent alot of money at the dealer, he values my presence as a customer. There are 2 other Polaris dealers within 30 minutes of me. One has 3 stores. That makes 5 Polaris stores within 30 minutes of me. He knows that the competition would love my money as much as he does. Columbus, is what I call Polaris Fat!

Living in a big city has it's advantages, other than traffic jams! LOL!!!!

Old 11-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Range Rover

hang in there Gater,..

Most of us are behind you 100%

give em hll so I dont hve to.

Mark

Old 11-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Lost for words, but I am chuckling pretty good! Thanks!

Old 11-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

I had a rotten experience with Dura Blue. They sent me the wrong axle 4 times, yes 4 times. We even used a micrometer and gave them the exact measurements of the OEM axle. I finally gave up, I have the OEM Polaris axle in and it fits......... I did get a discount on the OEM replacement axle. I live 105 miles from the shop, so let's don't even talk about the drive each time.... I had to tear down and attempt to insert the axle 4 times, I don't have a garage, or shed. I live in government housing so leaving a partially assembled 4 wheeler on the back patio is a no, no......... anyway, all that disassembly and reassembly can't be good, however, if you need an axle replaced in a Scrambler, I'm your man.......

Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Another good chuckle, I bet you are faster then the shop, probably with less tools too!

Old 11-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

I know the exact tools that I need.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

You could probably do it in your sleep

Old 11-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Now I'm starting to stress about the bearings..... I jump quite often, guess I'll learn how to replace those soon. I saw a thread on here a couple months ago about a guy having trouble with replacing his.....

Old 11-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

Instigater, Once again you tell it like you see it. You make all your threads real - I am sorry about the trouble. You held their feet to the fire and fought the good fight, as always.

Now as for Rick Ritter - he knows customer service like few others. I take what he says here with a big grain of salt. He may not agree with your take on things, but in the end, he would make it right too.

Keep us informed. And Rick, Thanks for weighing in.

Oh yeah, staying stock is for pansies!!!!!

Old 11-22-2006, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider

i think ima gunna take ricks advise and tear me up some golf courses

Quick Reply: New Gorilla's givin me fits!