Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

POLARIS = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LIES

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLARIS = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LIES

I'd prolly eat some nasty food and drink ipecac syrup and vomit all over one of thier showroom quads....then leave....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] not really...HAHAHA

Old 12-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bigtony
Originally posted by: PolarisWacko
Originally posted by: Bigtony
Originally posted by: brutus450
sorry to say this but look at the bottom of the Polaris web page where you see the Pred50 :

it says "all pricing, specifications, descriptions are subject to change without notice and Polaris assumes no responsibility for changes in pricing and specifications."

I doubt there's anything you can do to Polaris. Your dealer should step up even though he is not obligated.
THATS CALLED BAIT AND SWITCH TO ME

Posting in ALL CAPS is called a headache to me.
What a PRODUCTIVE COMMENT for my topic if you dont liek reading it dont if you have a good comment then comment if you dont then dont thanks either wa POLARIS is BAD NEWS in my book posted on there web a bike with the features then change then all bs to my no matter how youlook at it then when you call and complain they so opps mis print F that

besides the fact that its against forum rules to post in all caps, so in a sence it was productive, just like this post, which is clearly informing you.

I understand that you were trying to do a nice thing for your daughter, but i really dont think you can put the blame on anyone in this arguement, your on as much fault as is polaris. none of us have had your "bait and switch" or whatever youc all it issues with polaris, for such a old company that knows what their doing as far as marketing, i wouldent think that they'd allow any mis-advertisement or whatnot that would effect the quality of their name.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Man you guys are tough. I have to disagree with the fine print escape issue. That will not protect them from a claim IF the published information was relied on by the purchaser and the purchase order/agreement signed by the dealer does not contain any qualifying info that is different. As an example, under the fine print theory as broad as is being touted here one could purchase a new machine speced on their official site as a 900 and have to eat an 800 if they decided not to produce it with the 900 motor. No way. I would talk to an attorney in your state and look to go after the dealer and the manufacturer. Your state may have consumer protection laws for trade practices that give substantial rights to you in these situations in addition to contract and fraud claims that would help. Also, a mutual mistake of fact claim can unwind the deal and the dealer will have to take it back. You have multiple ways to go and I doubt Polaris and the dealer will want to expend the legal funds to fight this over a $2000.00 sale if they can, as they should, make it right. If you truly relied on the info as you claim for the purchase, talk to a qualified lawyer in your area and do not take the "we can not do anything for you" defense as the final answer.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

First off how did you pay for the item? If it is with charge card then you can dispute the charge with teh card company and they will credit your account. If it was with finance you can also do the same and disput it with the finance company.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you ever actually take possesion of the atv? If not, they should definately refund your $$. They should still be able to sell that quad as new, it isn't like they are out any money or anything. Also, why would you buy another 50 if you already have one? I would think you might want to step her up to a bigger unit.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:13 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: GE4x4
If you didn't see the options, then why did you buy it? Nobody forced you to buy it. But you won't find any of those options on any 50cc that I know of. Plus on you little spec sheet you put down, why did you take the Pred 90 out of it. There web site listed both quads with the same specs, so a little research would of answered the your question.
I bought it before it even came out i bought it off the specs they had it was a limited edtion quad so i paid in advance for it so i coudl make sure i had one form my daughter and i didnt take the 90 out i posted the info straight from motoplexdotnet spec for the quad thats what i looked up to buy it if you go to polaris's sight it shows both bikes SAME SPECS it doesnt say 90 has 50 doesn't and for the others i payed on my visa and yes i took possion i guess that was my bad i already had to wait like 3 weeks past the date the dealership said it would be there for it to get there i guess im just the dumbass here anyways both the dealership and corprate said im assed out pretty nice they had there facts straight when the published the spec for the public and then when they deliver the product it does have the standard features listed in the specs but i guess thats my fault too and for the person saying why i didnt upgrade to the 90 since i had the 50 already because i had just bought her the other 50 and when i saw the pink and white one with what i considered more saftely features IE LIGHTS AND REVERSE i figured i woudl buy here that one and sell the 2001 with out those features

Old 12-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

well no one can say you did the wrong thing, you tried to put a smile on a kids face. i would still however, debate it with the store. you shouldent ever have to pay full in cash before you get something, thats why there are downpayments (usually 10%)

Old 12-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

When my wife saw those on the showroom, she immediately wanted one. Had to break the news she was just a tad too big to be riding those.

I do hope you get something worked out. And as Spyder said, no one can blame you for trying to make you daughter happy.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

I feel for you and am sorry you got tricked into buying something you didn't want because you thought it came with features you want.

I'm very suprised by the attitudes of other people on here blaming him for ordering something with listed standard items that he wanted, then say he's an idiot because he trusted what Polaris ind and his dealer told him.

How many of you have pre-ordered the new 525 Outlaws? How ticked off would you be if it showed up with the standard 499 Fuji engine it and Polaris said, well we decided to change our mind and not put the 510 KTM in it?

That's complete BS, you ordered a quad based on official literature by Polaris, then when it arrives it doesn't have what they said it would have.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Bigtony,

Thanks for the topic. I agree with you that Polaris blew a chance to be a step above the competitition. I have to admit I've heard better costumer service from the Jap. Co.'s. SAD.

Quick Reply: POLARIS = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LIES