Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

POLARIS = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LIES

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLARIS = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LIES

Do not be too quick to side with the Japs on this one. When Yamaha introduced the GYT-R edition they advertised it with all the GYT-R skid plates and GYT-R exhaust initially. They dropped the exhaust off the advertisement. But there were quite a few people with preorders that were kind of "surprised" when it arrived without the GYT-R skids.

I am upset for you though. The least they could do is let you upgrade to the 90 with the features you desire. With the speed limiter still installed on the CDI it is no faster than the 50. I would push for that. They will still be able to sell the 50 off the showroom floor in no time.

".......How many of you have pre-ordered the new 525 Outlaws? How ticked off would you be if it showed up with the standard 499 Fuji engine it....."

Boy my 525 better not come in with the Fuji motor in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Good thing I only have a $250 deposit on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 06LimitedPred
I feel for you and am sorry you got tricked into buying something you didn't want because you thought it came with features you want.

I'm very suprised by the attitudes of other people on here blaming him for ordering something with listed standard items that he wanted, then say he's an idiot because he trusted what Polaris ind and his dealer told him.

How many of you have pre-ordered the new 525 Outlaws? How ticked off would you be if it showed up with the standard 499 Fuji engine it and Polaris said, well we decided to change our mind and not put the 510 KTM in it?

That's complete BS, you ordered a quad based on official literature by Polaris, then when it arrives it doesn't have what they said it would have.
If I ordered a 525 and it came with the 500, I would take my money back. No dealer can make you pre-buy any quad because a sale needs a VIN # to be registered. So when his 50 cam in with no reverse or lights, all he had to do is say that isn't what I ordered and get his money back. No dealer can keep his money. So he wasn't forced to buy it.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

-
Bigtony,

Couple of suggestions. First, you need to keep your anger directed mildly towards those who wronged you, but not at all at people you have asked for suggestions when you don't like what they say--and that needs to be kept in check. If, for example, you cuss at the dealer or factory rep, they will put up a wall that's much harder to get through.

Second, you need to know just what you want the dealer/factory to do. Do your options include return of all money, or exchange of units, or credit towards a future unit, or add-on parts, or a full apology, or response to the threat of legal action, etc.? They can't read your mind. If your offer sounds reasonable, they are more likely willing to oblige.

Third, hopefully you have used the unit very little, or not at all. Plus, it is still in pristine condition--if not, make it so. Now when one option is to return it, and the mileage is, say 50 miles estimated, and you are only asking the dealer or factory to eat $50 (at the rate of $1.00 per mile), then the money lost to the dealer, but needed to make you happy is small--since surely he could sell it to someone else for a discount of $1.00 per mile. I mean, think about it, wouldn't you like to buy a unit with the same mileage as the cost so then it would be (as much as) free?

And fourth, be sure to keep track of all the things you have done to try to remedy the situation, including names, dates, conversation, promises, literature facts, etc. It is extremely hard to dispute someone with all the facts that is speaking rationally and has some logical suggestions. Try to go to the owner of the dealership and as high as possible at Polaris as is reasonable (usually going to the overall CEO or Chairmen of the Board is not practical or necessary).

Keep us posted on your results.

GJRonK

Old 12-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Evasiveone,

I still say Polaris customer service is not on top. And I did one title search under Yamaha for "GYT-R" and one with "skid", and looked at about 12 pages, - nothing?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it happened. I still say the Polaris factory service is not #1.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

I went to the Polaris web site to check out the info on the Pink/White LTD Pred. 50 & 90,and if I read it right and if it hasn't been changed since you read it, in the features it says Forward/Nutural/Reverse come only on the 90 and daytime lights come only on the 90. and in the SPECS. for the trans. it only says F/N. I know that Polaris doesn't have the greatest Customer Service because I bought a new sled that has a problem with the elec. Rev. and they dont seem to care, but the only thing I can see that they owe you is the safty equipment that you didn't get.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, I feel for you bro, but I think you are as much to blame since you took possession of an item that did not have the features you wanted, and it was damaged when it arrived. Once it arrived to the store and you saw what it had, you should have simply asked for your money back.