Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Plow question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Plow question?

looks like I use the smallest machine here 325 trail boss ,something that was brought up was wet snow , the answer you just take a smaller bite with the blade ,
just means a few more passes .I have chains just in case ,but I go with extra weight on the back first ,

Old 01-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plow question?

GET-R-DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Plow question?

I just got a Glacier 60" for Christmas (my wife rules -- the quad is in her name too, 'cause my credit sux!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Installation was easy, although I could see someone having a problem if they weren't familiar with a wrench (directions on certain parts are either vague, or nonexistent -- but that's how dealerships stay in business!!). Those two 45 lb. springs are a slight bitch....

I noticed the plow mount is reducing the ground clearance on the very front by at least an inch, probably more. Judging by the condition of the stock bolts that I removed from that area, I'll be smashing that mount pretty hard on some rocks. I'll probably need to remove the mount for the summer, due to where, & how I ride ( Mass., & extremely aggressive). You Mass guys know what our trails do to our machines!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, I got the plow all hooked up & ready to go, but at the beginning of the month, it was friggin 60*!!!!!! So I took it across the street where all the sand from the last 20 winters has piled up in a low spot, & let me tell you, this thing is like a friggin' tractor!! I must have plowed up 300 lbs. of wet sand in one shot!! When I was done, it looked like a Bobcat had been working over there! Scraped it right down to the pavement --- that hasn't seen the light of day in 20 yrs at least!! The plow isn't pretty & shiny anymore, but that's the way it's SUPPOSED to look, if your working!

Long story short, the plow rules...............& the snowblower is going to become a power saw! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

Well, I just picked up the Glacier II 52" plow system from the Polaris dealer. Next is mounting it on the machine and then it is party time. I have never wanted a blizzard so bad!!! God, I love my toys...

Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

I never use the snowblower anymore either. The Quad does a fine job and its much more fun! But as stated, dont get just the 48" plow, I have after market rims and tires so my quad is wider than the plow, especially when angled.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

Originally posted by: magna29
I never use the snowblower anymore either. The Quad does a fine job and its much more fun! But as stated, dont get just the 48" plow, I have after market rims and tires so my quad is wider than the plow, especially when angled.

I went with the 52" for that reason but I didn't want to go to wide because I want to be able to do sidewalks and other things.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

Ok, I have put my new plow to the test and I have to say it was a FANTASTIC Purchase. I got the 52" Glacier plow and it is awesome. Nothing stops it and I don't need chains or anything. I love it!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Plow question?

how does a plow work on uneven sidewalks? some around here in NY are heaved a inch or more. is there any give in the plow? or will it stop you in your tracks.?

Old 02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Range Rover
Default Plow question?

The Glacier has two 45LB. springs that are adjustable, & allow the plow to kick backward (from the bottom) if you hit something (I would imagine that the other brands have the same or similar set-up). You could back off the adjusters for plowing some uneven, rugged surfaces. You'll probably have to make several passes to get it looking decent.

I have mine set very stiff. When I hit some landscaping brick, that stopped me pretty good (although I was well under 5 MPH).

We finally got some snow here (only 4-5 inches, but enough to send out the town plow) this morning. Cleaned up my driveway nice with the plow. It digs right down to the pavement -- a million times better than the snowblower. I pushed all the snow into one big pile to see how the machine would handle it. From a dead stop, all 4 wheels would spin, but if I get a running start it blasts the whole pile in one shot!! Not bad!!

Old 02-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

Has anyone used the power angling device from Cycle Country? It allows you to angle the blade without getting off the quad. I also wonder how strong it is, especially with a larger blade, like a 60 or72".

Quick Reply: Plow question?