Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Plow question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plow question?

I have the CC power angle on a 72" plow.
It's the nuts when it works but it breaks or stretches the spring that holds a cable every time i use it.
A great idea but too light weight, more of a novelty then useful.
I end up plowing for an hour and fixing it for two.
It should be some kind of electric over hydraulic set up.
For the rest of this year i'll climb off and turn it by hand. I'm not wrenching on that thing in the cold, It's 1 above this morning here in west central NY.
Deerkiller

Old 02-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Range Rover
Default Plow question?

I kept my snowblower and I have a Warn 52" or 54" plow. I use it on 360Prairie 4x4 and it works awsome. I use my winch to raise/lower it.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

I have the Glacier system on my 06 700 and it is great. I only got to plow about 1 1/2 - 2 inches of snow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ...
North East Pa is getting hit with cold weather and no snow... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The only problem with the install was the 2 bottom bolt for the mount. I only had 2 bolts in it from factory and now had to muscle 4 in.. The holes were slightly off and almost stripped the bolt. Other than that and trying to find the shield covering the factory wires...... install was a breeze.

flipper

Old 02-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Plow question?

adadapted 48" lawn tractor snow blade on a 325 Trail boss ,3 postion plow

GOT TO PLOW 6" OF SNOW TONIGHT ,WAS GREAT FUN .

Old 02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

I keep the bike strictly for fun, I plow our yard with a 680 CASE back hoe

Old 02-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Plow question?

How does the 52in blade handle when doing standard sidewalks and whatnot when angled, does it tear up the grass? do you still leave tire tracks behind you when at an angle?

Old 02-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Default Plow question?

I, too am amazed at what my plow can do (60" Bombardier on a 2004 Outlander MAX XT) - I plow everything I can - just for fun! (This is easy to do up at the cottage 2.5 hrs. North of Toronto, because there are many cottage driveways I can plow for friends, as well as the 1/2 mile road from the higway in to my frends' cottages.) You would think that you would lose traction on a snwoy, icy surface such as a road, but you don't - at least not with the good radial tires they put on the Outlander XT models. And the momentum you build up with a 1/2 ton of machine and operator really let's you push the pile up high at the end of a run.

I even use the plow to plow the lake in front of the cottage to make a little skating rink. (Well, actually, I got a bit carried away and made something about the size of a small footbal field. My cottage neighbour said "That's not a skating rink - that's a land claim!) the surprising thing is that I can plow 6 or 8 inches of snow even on a smooth surface like a frozen lake, and I rarely lose traction unless the snow is very wet and sticky.

One warning to all about Bombardier (now Can-Am) snow plows: If you get the big arm attachment that allows you to change the angle of the plow from your seat without getting off the bike, you WILL have a problem with the cable freezing up. I have now gone through 2 of them, and am waiting to hear from the dealer about whether Can-Am is going to kake me pay for another new one. The solution (theoretically at least) is to get one of those little clamps that clamps down on the end of the cable and allows you to force a water-displacing lubricant down inside of the cale sheath until it drips out the other end. So, that's what I will try when I get my new cable.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

Originally posted by: check
I, too am amazed at what my plow can do (60" Bombardier on a 2004 Outlander MAX XT) - I plow everything I can - just for fun! (This is easy to do up at the cottage 2.5 hrs. North of Toronto, because there are many cottage driveways I can plow for friends, as well as the 1/2 mile road from the higway in to my frends' cottages.) You would think that you would lose traction on a snwoy, icy surface such as a road, but you don't - at least not with the good radial tires they put on the Outlander XT models. And the momentum you build up with a 1/2 ton of machine and operator really let's you push the pile up high at the end of a run.I even use the plow to plow the lake in front of the cottage to make a little skating rink. (Well, actually, I got a bit carried away and made something about the size of a small footbal field. My cottage neighbour said "That's not a skating rink - that's a land claim!) the surprising thing is that I can plow 6 or 8 inches of snow even on a smooth surface like a frozen lake, and I rarely lose traction unless the snow is very wet and sticky.One warning to all about Bombardier (now Can-Am) snow plows: If you get the big arm attachment that allows you to change the angle of the plow from your seat without getting off the bike, you WILL have a problem with the cable freezing up. I have now gone through 2 of them, and am waiting to hear from the dealer about whether Can-Am is going to kake me pay for another new one. The solution (theoretically at least) is to get one of those little clamps that clamps down on the end of the cable and allows you to force a water-displacing lubricant down inside of the cale sheath until it drips out the other end. So, that's what I will try when I get my new cable.

CHECK
Whereabouts is your cottage? And how much riding is around and where?

Old 02-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Default Plow question?

Hello, Scrammytodd of Bracebridge. (for those of you who don't know God's REAL country, Bracebridge is about 1.5 hours North of Toronto.)

We cottage om Kawagama Lake, and I particularly like riding on Wofe Creek Trail which runs South off of County Rd #8 which runs off of Hwy 35 right at Dorset, which as you probably know is at the East end of Lake of Bays.

You should get the Haliburton ATV club map if you want to explore all the good trails - it is the best I've ever seen, and only costs about $5. Also, that club is the most active, and has lots of club rides.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

Originally posted by: check
Hello, Scrammytodd of Bracebridge. (for those of you who don't know God's REAL country, Bracebridge is about 1.5 hours North of Toronto.)We cottage om Kawagama Lake, and I particularly like riding on Wofe Creek Trail which runs South off of County Rd #8 which runs off of Hwy 35 right at Dorset, which as you probably know is at the East end of Lake of Bays.You should get the Haliburton ATV club map if you want to explore all the good trails - it is the best I've ever seen, and only costs about $5. Also, that club is the most active, and has lots of club rides.Hope this helps!
Most of the riding we do is from 118 to 117 and as far over as 35. We ride to Dorset a few times to climb the tower and explore around. The trail we come out on 35 is right by raven lake by the parking lot at the government launch. If you get the chance try back in there, or Pine Springs Dump road just south of where you cross Kawagama lake at the narrows. Theres lots of riding in there and some is on the Haliburton trails i think but I've never got a pass

Quick Reply: Plow question?