Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

If attorneys decide what we can ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If attorneys decide what we can ride

I'm with you guys this is getting crazy...I mean when I grew up we had metal dash boards in cars.

Ok show of hands ... how many of you were playing in the car and dad had to stick his hands out to save you from hitting the dash....anyone....anyone... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The world has gone crazy with the lawsuits.
There are honorable lawyers out there but you hear more about the dishonorable ones than the good ones.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

This thread has real merit! except not all lawyers. Remember those things they took off the market with three wheels just because people were being unsafe, not the machine! It would not surprise me one bit to see more regulations on safety products straped to the atv's. When are we all going to realize that we need to take responsibility for our own stupid actions. Like the time i stuck a utility knife in my head when I was juggling them, i could be a millionaire cause they was no warning lablel that said DO NOT JUGGLE WITH RAZOR KNIVES, but I own up to my stupidity and have the scares to prove it.

Bill

Old 03-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally posted by: BGRDTRUK
I'm with you guys this is getting crazy...I mean when I grew up we had metal dash boards in cars.

Ok show of hands ... how many of you were playing in the car and dad had to stick his hands out to save you from hitting the dash....anyone....anyone... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The world has gone crazy with the lawsuits.
There are honorable lawyers out there but you hear more about the dishonorable ones than the good ones.
That's how we could tell how mad he was at us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I do recall riding in the back seat and smackin' the back of the front seat a few times. :0

Old 03-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I do recall riding in the back seat and smackin' the back of the front seat a few times.
Ouch, painful memories. My parents had a late 60s Pontiac Tempest station wagon. I don't know how many times one of us got a nosebleed from being in the cargo area or hitting the front seats. Still, I hate people telling me what is good for me and what isn't. Trial and error works sometimes. The ones that don't learn don't last, the ones who do learn live longer. We've all been given free will, but I think sometimes we don't all have common sense... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: GuitarPicker
I'm an attorney, Moose, and I don't care what you ride. I don't care how it's designed, either. I have no interest whatsoever in protecting you from yourself.
Until some nut hires you to do so.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

LMFAO - right on

Old 03-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

this reminds me i just rolled over my 4whealer for the frist time on myself and broke 2 ribs i went up a tree with it i could of been rich and had the 4 whealer payed off but no i sead dam i better not do that agen it was my own flat id had nothing to do with the 4 whealer it would of had to had a dom in it and keep rolling right back to the tires to prevent that now what fun would that be if it had that on it. that all so0o like the time i gave my frend a hart atack when he was in my car cuz my subs made his hart bet wrong and it did it his parent went after me for money but my othere to frend told the cort he truned it on witch he did then thay tryed to go after the sub companey i never heard any thing eles abut it from him cuz i dont talk to him any more

Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

I don't handle products liability cases.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: GuitarPicker
I don't handle products liability cases.
That's not the point. The point is, (and this is true for the 4 or 5 lawyers I know personally), they don't let their personal beliefs get in the way of making a buck.