Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

K&N Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Air Filter

Recently i was at my dealer and i asked him about how much a K&N filter was for my hawkeye, and then he told me theres no point of buying the filter because there is no difference from the stock one besides that you can re-use your K&N by cleaning it...Is this true that there is no performance difference??

Old 04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K&N Air Filter

Some people say the paper ones (stock) trap more dirt than the K&N ......I don't know!!
I just use the factory ones with the pre-filter that I can wash in warm soapy water!!!!
Replace every spring!!
............Caper..............

Old 04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default K&N Air Filter

RIGHT ON CAPER - I am stickin with paper and foam too

Old 04-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default K&N Air Filter

well i know no1 listens to yamaha guys lol, but if ur gunna upgrade, go to a foam filter, you won't get as much flow as a k&n but better than stock, and they filter better than both. just my 2 cents. i know what polaris filters are like cuz i used to have magnum

Old 04-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default K&N Air Filter

the whole idear of putting these fitters on are for either the clean and reuse reason or the more air flow for better performance. to me its a waste of money to put an air filter on for better air flow when you dont change anything esle. to gain h.p you need more air, as well as more fuel and free flowing exhaust to make it work in harmony w/ each other. but each to their own.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Default K&N Air Filter

In my view ...Better air flow........Is not worth the gain if more particle may get by the filter also....
Sure K&N on a car or truck.........But are the in the same conditions as are 4-wheelers?????..NO!!!!!!!
That's my 2 cents..........I trust the paper filter and it worked great for my first 1000 miles...
So why not stay with it!!!....Caper.........

Old 04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default K&N Air Filter

My paper filters hardly ever saw dirt. I ride mostly in wet conditons, ie...MUD. So the paper is not the best choice for me. I agree that paper type filters better, that is why you get more flow from others(less restriction) I don't usually need to filter dry dust particles. I use K&N. If someone invented a water keeper outer filter, I'd buy that![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default K&N Air Filter

.02 wow that should be worth $2.00 lol. actually i put a k&n filter on my 01 gmc w/ flowmaster exhaust for a little better fuel milage and more power. what do you know, no benifit at all. a tonor cover was my best investment. now on my vmax i have a k&n coming to install w/ my new head pipe system so when i put them all together it will make better air flow and more power(which it really doesnt need). time will tell.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default K&N Air Filter

As other people said, K&N's are great for your car or truck, but not for your ATV. I would get a foam air filter, I use Uni but it doesn't really matter what kind you get. K&N's suck in more crap so you could be risking sucking in some sand or dirt or whatever. K&N's are good for on road vehicals because normally you wouldn't take your 30,000 dollar car or truck up a big sand hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Default K&N Air Filter

I run K&N on all my atvs and bikes with no trouble at all.The main thing is service them,keep them oiled and clean and they filter as good as the foam filters.I did add a outerwears when I went with the HPD airbox mod.

Quick Reply: K&N Air Filter