Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The BEST Scrambler 400 pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The BEST Scrambler 400 pipe?

I just got ahold of an excellent deal, I got a flawless 2001 Scrambler 400 4x4 that has less than 20 hours on it, and was purchased new by a 61 year old man who seen the "4x4" sticker on it and thought he was getting a "trail-bike"..lol
So this thing looks and runs like new, probably never has seen over 6k rpms lol.
I am looking to get a little more OOmmph out of this thing, and of course, the first bolt on I always get is a pipe. A friend of mine, who also has a Scrammy 400, has some sort of top end pipe on his that supposedly REQUIRED him to have to run a Wiseco piston in it, because according to him, if he ran that pipe on a stock top end it would bust the piston... I dunnno how true that is, but I don't want to have to change my top end until I have to for maintenance reasons...
I see that theres a couple of pipes from Aaen, a top end pipe and a torquer pipe... and FMF sells it's Gnarly pipe, what's the best one out there that you guy's think?
I have a Gnarly pipe on my dirt bike (03' KTM) and I love the bottom end bark it gave that thing... it turned it's power character from "zzzziinnnngg-zzzziiinnnngg" to "Bbbbrrraaaaaappppppp!". From the first crack of the throttle, it explodes onto the pipe, carrying it into the meaty midrange before flattening out on top, however, it didnt seem to loose any top end compared to a stocker, it just made more everywhere else. If I can get the same thing out of the Scrammy version of this pipe, then I'm definately going for it!
I had a set of Pro Circuit pipes on my banshee, and wasn't at all impressed, it actually seemed to run just like stock, maybe a tad bit smoother, but really didnt do anything but make it louder. I sold them and put on a set of FMF Fatty's on the Banshee, and it made the power more broad and a ton more ridable everywhere, and really helped on top, and overrev... so I am quite satisfied with FMF's products, but have never heard of Aaen Performance before... are there any other pipes out there available that I dont know about???

This is my first visit here, and I appreciated any and all replies! Thanx!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

A Dynoport pipe will be the best pipe for the 400 but the HPD and AAEN pipes are good also. You will need to get a clutch kit to match the pipe or at least a clutch spring. STAY AWAY from FMF and DG pipes. They DO NOT make good power at all for the Polaris 2 strokes. It will not be as quick as a banshee but it will have good power. Get some good reeds and air filter also. You will have to rejet with any of these mods.

Here are companies that carry pipes for the polaris 400. The 400 scrammy can get pretty sick with some mods. It all depends on how much you want to spend and how you intend to ride it.

hpd-inc.com
aaenperformance.com
rittercycle.com
hotseatperformance.com
dynoport.com

Old 04-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

I hear a lot of people likeing aaens performance exhaust and also rcrs (rick ritters) but i have heard of people using az bad boy which i like the best, but havn't found a nice silencer to use.

I hear fmf , when comes to polaris is trash!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

There is also this:

http://www.cpiracing.com/Products/ATV/P404/Default.aspx

And also

http://www.azbadboyz.com/

Not sure if ether comes with a silencer

Old 04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I forgot about CPI but I think CPI is more of a drag pipe. Not trail friendly at all.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For trail riding you cant beat the Dynoport.I have ran a lot of different pipes and it is the best for low/mid power without having to clutch it to a real high engagment.
On the piston it is the weak point on stock 400 2strokes and needs to be changed to a Wiesco asap.This is to save big $$$$$$ when(not if) it breaks the skirt off.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

i got an hpd pipe and like it

Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ftwflh
For trail riding you cant beat the Dynoport.I have ran a lot of different pipes and it is the best for low/mid power without having to clutch it to a real high engagment.
On the piston it is the weak point on stock 400 2strokes and needs to be changed to a Wiesco asap.This is to save big $$$$$$ when(not if) it breaks the skirt off.

Do you have any pictures or even on the site of the silencer and exhaust on a scrammy? or off? I just want to see what it looks like

Old 04-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Jester2899
Originally posted by: ftwflh

Do you have any pictures or even on the site of the silencer and exhaust on a scrammy? or off? I just want to see what it looks like
www.dynoport.com
I ran the pipe but not the silencer...(it is too loud for me) I ran it with a FMF Tubine CoreII with good results and with the stock silencer it did good too.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I have the CPI on my Sport and believeme it pulls hard from bottom all the way through topend.I know they make one for the Scrambler also according to their site,so it would be an option.Yes it comes with the silencer for $295.00,$65.00 extra to chrome it.

Quick Reply: The BEST Scrambler 400 pipe?