Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone taken the clutch cover off a hawkeye?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone taken the clutch cover off a hawkeye?

For you guys who have, do you have to remove the rear plastic as the service manual says?

Also, for those who have removed the large retaining nut on the drive clutch, how did you do it? I have an impact wrench available, but did you guys use some sort of drive clutch holder? I am interested in changing the drive clutch rollers, just to see what difference it will make. I have the 14g rollers and I am going to try the 12g rollers as suggested by Polaris for the 06 models in a service bulletin. THe 07's come with 13g rollers.

I appreciate any replies.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone taken the clutch cover off a hawkeye?

I had the plastic off when I went into the clutches, the footwell has to come off obviously. You might clean everything up as long as your in there.

Mark the shaft and nut before you remove it as well as the cover and outter shieve so they all line back up on install. I used an impact on the primary nut, the T wrench in your tool kit installs through one of the holes in the cam plate to hold the plate and rollers together with the outter shieve. The plate is a press fit on the splined shaft, I used a straight bar type puller after threading the two plate holes. Don't run a tap in to deep or it will cut the rollers. Pay close attention to how the rollers are installed, one side of the rollers is covered with plastic while other is more bare aluminum.